Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is This Normal?
tenderhearts 01:04 PM 09-20-2010
I have a 5 mo old dcg who used to take 2 naps per day, generally any where from 2 -2 1/2 hrs for both naps. Then last monday she started taking 1 4 - 4 1/2 hour nap. then she'll just take a cat nap like 30 min a few hours after that, is that normal? Since doing this she has been sleeping through the night most of those nights. It just seems like a very long nap.
Francine 01:10 PM 09-20-2010
Personally, I would enjoy it while it lasts
SilverSabre25 01:13 PM 09-20-2010
While I wouldn't say it is strictly normal, I also wouldn't say that it's abnormal. It sounds like she's still sleeping the same amount while at your house. If her parents are fine with it, I wouldn't try to change it--there's a good chance that she'll change up her nap schedule in a month or two anyway, babies that age often do. In the meantime, enjoy your LOOOONG break!
tymaboy 02:13 PM 09-20-2010
I have had little ones to sleep that long. They are usually a little older but each child is different. I would enjoy it while it last, especially if it is during the noon nap with everyone else.
tenderhearts 03:39 PM 09-20-2010
It has been nice, but she isn't a fussy baby either so it wasn't a problem the other way, kind of in a way I liked it the other way because she would sleep for part of the other kids quiet/nap time, this way she wakes up about 1/2 hr after they start. So I dont' really get a break, kind of since she doesn't crawl yet but not a total full break. oh well, I just haven't heard of a baby doing that.
legomom922 05:46 PM 09-20-2010
I had one that would nap anywhere from 3-5 hrs! She is now almost 3 and still naps a good solid 2 hrs.
MMk9987 07:55 PM 11-14-2010
My son is 8 months old and he is a terrible napper during the day in the am he goes down at 10 he normally will sleep two hours but for his afternoon nap he will sleep like 15 minutes to an hour and a half that is it then he will be up till he goes to sleep at 7 30
kidkair 11:24 AM 11-15-2010
I would wake her up if she was oversleeping like that so that she could sleep with the other kids for her second nap.
Tags:nap times, napping
Reply Up