Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCM Doesn't Like Tot to Nap
Unregistered 01:02 PM 09-04-2015
I have a 2 and a half quiet/nap time scheduled for my home daycare. the rule is that for the first hour they lay down and try to nap and after that they can do a quiet activity (of course id rather them all just nap the whole time and they usually do) BUT One of my DCMs likes her 14 month old to nap for a couple hours when they get home from DC (around 5pm mind you) then get up for dinner then go back down for the night and maybe she thinks my nap times interfere with that so I THINK she has been putting her down to sleep super early to bed at night lately because now my 14 month old sleeps about 20 mins before waking up or just plays on her mat without yelling for fun. Suggestions?
daycare 01:10 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a 2 and a half quiet/nap time scheduled for my home daycare. the rule is that for the first hour they lay down and try to nap and after that they can do a quiet activity (of course id rather them all just nap the whole time and they usually do) BUT One of my DCMs likes her 14 month old to nap for a couple hours when they get home from DC (around 5pm mind you) then get up for dinner then go back down for the night and maybe she thinks my nap times interfere with that so I THINK she has been putting her down to sleep super early to bed at night lately because now my 14 month old sleeps about 20 mins before waking up or just plays on her mat without yelling for fun. Suggestions?
i would tell her this.

It is to be expected that new children coming into our program will need time to adjust to our routines and schedules.

As previously discussed, our program offers nap time from 12-230 daily. Every child is required to nap during this time. If your child is not able to adapt to our nap time schedule, we may ask you to adjust your night time schedule to accommodate your child.

If your child can not transition to our scheduled daily nap time after 30 days have passed, we will be forced to termination our services with you.

thank you for cooperating with all rules and policies of the abc daycare.
Blackcat31 01:50 PM 09-04-2015
I do not provide services to children that do not participate in afternoon rest time.

If a family chooses not to have their child participate in rest time, they have two choices...

Find an alternate care provider or adjust their evening routines to accommodate the rest their child got here.

I don't have discussions about rest time and I certainly wouldn't be discussing it with a parent of a 14 month old...and my own child stopped napping at 15 months so I get it/understand but I won't do it here.
Heidi 03:05 PM 09-04-2015
Ditto BC!
NillaWafers 04:10 PM 09-04-2015
No way. Her opinion aside, most 15 mo. olds need naps and I cannot imagine dealing with one that doesn't get one. Also, in CA it is illegal to not have "nap time" during daycare, so you should look up your laws in your state - you can just blame the law if that's the case.
renodeb 04:44 PM 09-04-2015
That's a terrible schedule. 15 m/olds need that sleep. That child will not be getting the rest they need without a nap. I have not had a parent complain about nap time in a very long time. Most parents are amazed they sleep as well as they do here.
This parent needs to re think that schedule or find a dc that will allow a child that young to not nap.
Deb
nannyde 06:50 PM 09-04-2015
Gosh maybe you should offer to feed him supper after keeping him up all day... that way they can put him straight to bed the second he gets home. That way he can sleep until morning and then they can take him from crib to car seat back to your house. If you change his night diaper, dress him, and do breakfast ... that would really help too.

Gemma 09:27 AM 09-05-2015
I'm with the others, I don't allow parents to think they can dictate what, when or how (it's hard enough to keep up with State Regulations)...I'm very honest about my program and my schedule right from the start and I only accept to care for the kids whos parents understand the "My house, my schedule, my rules" concept
Tags:nap - disruptions, naptime issues, not sleeping
Reply Up