Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Holidays and Time Off Question
broncomom1973 10:16 AM 11-27-2010
Just curious what you will take off this Christmas since Christmas Eve falls on a Friday and Christmas Day on a Saturday. I guess according to my contract, I really can take off Monday this year too since my contract says I am off Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the 26th of December, which are all paid. Last year (my first year doing daycare), I really jipped myself because even though my contract says Im off Christmas Eve, I felt bad for the parents and opened half a day. I tried to prepare a huge dinner while I had daycare kids here. We celebrated with family late that afternoon, so I had to get my turkey going and all of the sides and I was soooo mad at myself for not just closing down. I dont take any paid days off other than holidays, so if I dont close on the 27th, that is really 2 paid days that I normally have (25th and 26th) that I will not get. Does that make sense? I suppose I better talk to my parents on Monday and let them know how it will work this year since things fall on a weekend. How do your policies work?
Tags:time off
Up