Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another One Re: Coat Hooks/Cubbies
DCMomOf3 11:17 AM 12-15-2010
My daycare is set up in my walkout basement. I have hooks by my mainfloor front door and a mat for shoes/boots. Their baskets for diapers/art, etc. are in the basement with us. If we want to go outside I have to carry all the coats and boots downstairs so we can go out in the fenced yard. IT's a pain in the rear to haul the gear up and down. I would love my hooks and cubbies down stairs with us but also don't allow shoes/boots, wet/muddy clothes on my carpet and stairs. Any suggestions on how to make it easier?
DancingQueen 11:36 AM 12-15-2010
Can you request that parents enter through your downstairs entrance? and set up a nice size waterproof mat area for shoes and put hooks on the walls?

I have a similar problem in that Idon't have an entryway. it is literally 2' x 2' LOL and the door opens INTO that space. So they enter directly into my living room. I HATE IT
SilverSabre25 12:32 PM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by DancingQueen:
Can you request that parents enter through your downstairs entrance? and set up a nice size waterproof mat area for shoes and put hooks on the walls?

I have a similar problem in that Idon't have an entryway. it is literally 2' x 2' LOL and the door opens INTO that space. So they enter directly into my living room. I HATE IT
This is what I was going to suggest, too.
Tags:coat hanger, cubbies
Reply Up