Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Termed, She Threw A Fit
ddnanny13 10:10 AM 01-28-2011
I termed my almost 4 year old dcg today. There were a host of reasons but it basically came down to the child's behavior and a difference in parents/provider views. I gave her 3 weeks notice which I think is more than fair but mom just said "whatever" and slammed my door as she walked out. Her term letter has all the info that we didn't go over. Mom was SUPER rude to me and now I am not sure if I should expect dcg on Monday or not. To top it all off, mom works with my DH. DH is her direct supervisor so things are really tense. Should I call her to see about care for Monday? She is my earliest drop off.. do I let it go over the weekend? If she continues to be rude, do I have a place being rude back? I want to be professional not only for my sake but my hubby's but wow I feel like that is going to be really hard to do at this point. I really want to just give her a big piece of my mind...

Forgot to mention that I am 15 weeks prego so pretty much an emotional basket case, so me saying what I think might get heavy.
lil angels 10:22 AM 01-28-2011
I think I would suck it up and just get though these next few weeks. I would get up early on Monday and just plan for her to be there she prob does not want to pay you and not come. If you can be quiet it will make life easier for your DH. Do your few weeks and be done.
Zoe 10:25 AM 01-28-2011
Did she sign the term letter? I would bite my tongue if it were me (difficult as that may be) just so that dcm doesn't have any ammunition on you in case she wants to get out of paying you.

If she doesn't show up, that's her problem, just as long as you get paid! Parents just get offended and take it so personally. Don't fight back. It'll only make it worse!
lvt77 10:30 AM 01-28-2011
Being in several different businesses over the last 20 years, I have learned to NEVER stoop to their level, never give them ammo to use against you later and NEVER say things you will regret.
Let the weekend pass and know that you did the right thing for you and your business. Just expect her to show up as planned and then if she does not, then cross that bridge when it comes.... I think contacting her now while she is obviously upset will only make matter worse...

Have yourself a glass a wine tonight because a weight has been lifted!!

best of luck
littlemonkeys 12:09 PM 01-28-2011
Originally Posted by lvt77:
Being in several different businesses over the last 20 years, I have learned to NEVER stoop to their level, never give them ammo to use against you later and NEVER say things you will regret.
Let the weekend pass and know that you did the right thing for you and your business. Just expect her to show up as planned and then if she does not, then cross that bridge when it comes.... I think contacting her now while she is obviously upset will only make matter worse...

Have yourself a glass a wine tonight because a weight has been lifted!!

best of luck
I agree with this 100%!! However, if she continued to be rude and disrespectful to your property by slamming doors, etc. I may have to term her immediately. I don't need a loose cannon around slamming doors especially if other dcp's and their children are around. KWIM?
missnikki 04:27 PM 01-28-2011
Hang in there till Monday.

You will, undoubtedly, have to run into her again very soon. When you do, Repeat in your head "professional....professional...professional..." and keep it short and sweet. She may want to drag you down that road, which will be no good for your DH. Tell her, "I aim to keep this issue between us as professionals. This is what you owe...etc..." Keep reminding her (and yourself) of it. She might not take it to your hubby if she knows you aren't going to play the drama card.
Abigail 05:09 PM 01-28-2011
I agree with everyone to keep it professonal. Even though you know that your husband is her boss makes it even harder besides her rude attitude. I would still be up ready and just remind yourself TWO MORE WEEKS and you'll be happy and have successfully while pregnant gone through a fair termination procedure. Even if she doesn't show up for a few days, I would still be prepared unless you have something about no show, no call for so many days then you can end care immediately if that happens.
tymaboy 02:11 PM 01-30-2011
Good advice here but no one has mentioned what your DH should do at work to cover himself. You never know how low parents will actuelly go & she may try to get your DH in trouble or start cuzing trouble for him to get back at you. He needs to go to his surperviser & explain what happened/ going on with your daycare & her just to be safe. That way if all of a sudden there is trouble it has been documented of a possible problem.
VanessaEO 05:05 PM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by tymaboy:
Good advice here but no one has mentioned what your DH should do at work to cover himself. You never know how low parents will actuelly go & she may try to get your DH in trouble or start cuzing trouble for him to get back at you. He needs to go to his surperviser & explain what happened/ going on with your daycare & her just to be safe. That way if all of a sudden there is trouble it has been documented of a possible problem.
I totally agree with this X 1000!!! Very good advice. Cover your bases.

And yes - professional as possible for you, too.
Little People 05:00 AM 01-31-2011
I agree to keep it professonal.
Unregistered 12:02 PM 01-31-2011
Did she show up today?
Tags:bad parent, terminated
Reply Up