Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Advice With Change Of Schedule For One Family
jokalima 11:33 AM 09-19-2012
I have 2 siblings that are part-time, 3 days of the week, I already made them a discount ( the ones that don't live the poor life that I mentioned before ) So the boy has been accepted to a DC center part-time in the mornings, Mom wants to keep the younger child here with his regular schedule and then bring the other one in a little before noon after the other DC is done. No problem with that, the thing is that she mentioned about adding another day and I think she expect it to be for the same amount of money. If this was to happen, what I need to do is tell her to go back to the regular weekly fee and do it separate ? Charge the older part-time and the younger full time if she wants more than 3 days? I just don't think is fare to add another day for the same amount. If the older one will get here at 11:30 and leaves at 5:30, that is part time right?

Thanks in advance
Blackcat31 11:44 AM 09-19-2012
Originally Posted by jokalima:
I have 2 siblings that are part-time, 3 days of the week, I already made them a discount ( the ones that don't live the poor life that I mentioned before ) So the boy has been accepted to a DC center part-time in the mornings, Mom wants to keep the younger child here with his regular schedule and then bring the other one in a little before noon after the other DC is done. No problem with that, the thing is that she mentioned about adding another day and I think she expect it to be for the same amount of money. If this was to happen, what I need to do is tell her to go back to the regular weekly fee and do it separate ? Charge the older part-time and the younger full time if she wants more than 3 days? I just don't think is fare to add another day for the same amount. If the older one will get here at 11:30 and leaves at 5:30, that is part time right?

Thanks in advance
11:30 to 5:30 is 6 hours. Anything over 5 hours here is considered a FULL day so I would be charging that family for a full day, even if he is gone for part of it. You can't very well fit someone else in around this older boys schedule so the family is the one who should have to deal with the changes not you.

Personally I would re-do the entire contract for her. She is changing what the older child needs so the older child should ahve a brand new contract made up (with NO discount IMO) and if she chooses to add more than 3 days she will need to pay for it.

HTH
familyschoolcare 04:09 PM 09-19-2012
I agree with blackcat any changes require a new contract and are subject to my current fees
jokalima 06:57 PM 09-19-2012
Thank you ladies...

Apparently lately I have to deal with the not so nice and beautiful side of having a DC. Today they told me at pickup that they wanted to know how it will work, because they were thinking that they could use the hours that the older child is not going to be using while at other DC and pass those hours to another day. Yeap, that's what they said. I told them they will have to give me some time to figure it out and check the contract so i could do it according to it. That was that for now, but let's see when I tell them how it will change. I am thinking of leaving them with their current fee for part/time, because they just started 2 months ago and I would feel funny changing it so soon, but about the other kid, the older one I am going to do what Blackcat said.

Thanks, will keep you guys posted
lovemykidstoo 07:32 PM 09-19-2012
Definately what blackcat said. using the time that he's not there one day and transferring it to another will not work. You would not be able to fill the empty hours with someone else, so they need to pay. For them to think otherwise is ridiculous. Why is he going to another DC? Is it preschool or something?
jokalima 08:36 PM 09-19-2012
He is starting in a Montessori program
mac60 09:29 AM 09-20-2012
I do not discount for preschool. It is there choice to send them. If they add another day, they get charged for another day. Parents, so kiniving at times. I don't do part time rate for part time days. I have a 3 day minimum/4 day/5 day fee, if you are not in all day kindy, you are considered one of these. No 1/2 days rates. I am getting tired of the sibling discounts too, they get the same care when here, and I loose out on a lot of $$$ over a year.
Tags:schedule - changes
Reply Up