Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Webpage...Opinions?
nanglgrl 08:19 PM 10-23-2012
Here is my webpage? It's not completely done yet. I have some changes in my contracts/policies, am adding an introduction video and adding our curriculum and things to do at home for parents. I would love your opinions..good and bad.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/pplcenter/
Michael 08:24 PM 10-23-2012
I like the content of what you have added but it looks like a Facebook page and not a website for your business. You may be new to this so I suggest you continue using FB to move your business. In the future check out using something like www.wix.com or www.weebly.com as a free website. Here is some more good info if you persue a website. https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35323
nanglgrl 08:44 PM 10-23-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
I like the content of what you have added but it looks like a Facebook page and not a website for your business. You may be new to this so I suggest you continue using FB to move your business. In the future check out using something like www.wix.com or www.weebly.com as a free website. Here is some more good info if you persue a website. https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35323
Lol! You're right! I didn't include the right link. My brain is fried and it's only Tuesday (it is Tuesday right?) Here is the right link:
http://pplcenter.webs.com/
Michael 01:16 AM 10-24-2012
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
Lol! You're right! I didn't include the right link. My brain is fried and it's only Tuesday (it is Tuesday right?) Here is the right link:
http://pplcenter.webs.com/
Much better I think you should change the pea green color for the text to something more softer on the eyes. Maybe baby blue?

Also, your main picture looks a bit washed out. I "helped" it a little. If you like mine better, use it.

nanglgrl 10:34 PM 10-24-2012
Thank you! I changed the text color and am adding the new photo now.
Blackcat31 07:34 AM 10-25-2012
Thank you! I changed the text color and am adding the new photo now.
I think so far, your site looks nice!

The only thing I am personally confused about (and it might just be me) but under the home tab you have a section called "assignments and handouts".
I just think that is kind of confusing as the only things listed in that area is parent notes.

What are assignments for daycare and I thought handouts meant papers that corresponded with lesson plans and curriculums...kwim?

It might be wording that is used in your area and if so, my apologies. I just thought I would ask though....
Lyss 07:43 AM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

The only thing I am personally confused about (and it might just be me) but under the home tab you have a section called "assignments and handouts".
I just think that is kind of confusing as the only things listed in that area is parent notes.

What are assignments for daycare and I thought handouts meant papers that corresponded with lesson plans and curriculums...kwim?

It might be wording that is used in your area and if so, my apologies. I just thought I would ask though....

The "assignments and handouts" tab it seems more like the content that would be under calendar tab as well. I have a "parent corner" tab where I have forms (medication administration release, etc), calendar of events, and our scholastic book club information. I like the idea of handouts or worksheets that they could print and do at home!

I think it looks good! Great job!
nanglgrl 01:58 PM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

You are completely correct. The assignments and handouts will be there eventually I just haven't finished everything yet. The assignments aren't "have to do" things. Just things the parents can do with their children if they wish, that follow our current lesson plan. The handout's is where I will put items that I currently put in our take home packets that follow our lesson plans or handouts on potty training and child development. Right now the parents can check packets out from daycare if they wish. I could probably just rename the page to just include handouts and make it easier but first I have to figure out how because when I did it I was only allowed to pick a page and not rename it. Ug, so much work so little time.
nanglgrl 02:05 PM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by Lyss:
The "assignments and handouts" tab it seems more like the content that would be under calendar tab as well. I have a "parent corner" tab where I have forms (mediation administration release, etc), calendar of events, and our scholastic book club information. I like the idea of handouts or worksheets that they could print and do at home!

I think it looks good! Great job!
Thank you, you're both correct and I need to do more organizing. I've been so busy with my space now it's time to organize the webpage and my curriculum. I the idea of adding the scholastic information. I just joined and am waiting for them to send me order forms. I also plan on including songs that we are singing related to our theme and book ideas that are related. I had a parent ask me what her child was talking about the other day and I told her she was saying "I'm a nut"...a line to one of the songs we have been singing.
Lyss 02:39 PM 10-25-2012
Thank you, you're both correct and I need to do more organizing. I've been so busy with my space now it's time to organize the webpage and my curriculum. I the idea of adding the scholastic information. I just joined and am waiting for them to send me order forms. I also plan on including songs that we are singing related to our theme and book ideas that are related. I had a parent ask me what her child was talking about the other day and I told her she was saying "I'm a nut"...a line to one of the songs we have been singing.
Posting the songs is a great idea! That would be a good way to let them in on the lyrics! I often have parents ask me about songs their child has been singing but I'm not gonna burst out in song for them!! I'll save my off tune silly singing for the kids!
MarinaVanessa 03:39 PM 10-25-2012
Hey you and me have the same layout!!! Don't you just love it?!?! I think so far so good. You have all what you need so far that is most important which is great and I'm sure that you'll site will look even better once complete. I love tha handout and worksheet idea. If I were to ever actually have a preschool curriculum or something I'd think about doing the same, it's awesome.

I also really like that you have FAQ page and that your questiond are really important ones to cover and common questions that people ask. I really hope that you keep your blog going and the only suggestions that I would give about that is to make each entry maybe about half of what your first entry is and to keep most of your entries about the subject of daycare. If you make entries shorter and include daycare subjects clients and potential clients are more likely to stay interested but I love your way of writing and that you share your thoughts.

Once you're done putting in all of your info I'd really think about creating a "dummy" page not linked to anything that you can play with the layout of your pages on. You can get really creative with the webs.com new program. I love that you get more freedom than ever before to add stuff where you want them.

Here's a link to my website if you want to take a look. Mine took years to get it to where it is so you are doing great with yours. I saved the link and will be looking forward to checking in on your progress. It's really looking great.
nanglgrl 06:40 PM 10-25-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Hey you and me have the same layout!!! Don't you just love it?!?! I think so far so good. You have all what you need so far that is most important which is great and I'm sure that you'll site will look even better once complete. I love tha handout and worksheet idea. If I were to ever actually have a preschool curriculum or something I'd think about doing the same, it's awesome.

I also really like that you have FAQ page and that your questiond are really important ones to cover and common questions that people ask. I really hope that you keep your blog going and the only suggestions that I would give about that is to make each entry maybe about half of what your first entry is and to keep most of your entries about the subject of daycare. If you make entries shorter and include daycare subjects clients and potential clients are more likely to stay interested but I love your way of writing and that you share your thoughts.

Once you're done putting in all of your info I'd really think about creating a "dummy" page not linked to anything that you can play with the layout of your pages on. You can get really creative with the webs.com new program. I love that you get more freedom than ever before to add stuff where you want them.

Here's a link to my website if you want to take a look. Mine took years to get it to where it is so you are doing great with yours. I saved the link and will be looking forward to checking in on your progress. It's really looking great.
Thank you. I really like how you have listed your openings and availability of a waiting list. I would like to use my page to advertise but have no openings at this time or in the foreseeable future. I would like potential clients to see it so that when I do have openings I have a list of people to call who already know a bit about my program from my webpage. It also makes it so much easier to term a client when you have other waiting for an opening.
I also really enjoyed the testimonials. Some of your titles have disappeared under your "what do my kids do a daycare section", this has happened to me on webs before too. Do you pay for your page or are you doing the free one? How often is webs down? I just started the page a week ago and published it a few days ago and in that time I've already had problems for 3 days. I also went to download some photos and found I had reached the max amount of space I'm allowed for the free account. Do you find that your clients are more likely to use your webpage or your Facebook page? What about potential clients? Sorry for all of the questions!
MarinaVanessa 08:04 PM 10-25-2012
I have no clue how to unhide the other menu's and just have not had the time to call and ask about it. Okay maybe I'm just being lazy . I love how your menu's drop down in categories, I havn't figured that part out yet either lol.

The testimonials is a great tool that I use for potential clients. I always ask clients to write me a testimonial (hand written or typed letter) and I keep them in a binder to show people that interview. I then just add them to the testimonials page on the website.

I used the free webpage version for years until last year when I finally upgraded. I got tired of limiting myself to just a few pages and really like that I have the chat support option. It's totally worth the money if you ask me. More bandwith and more storage too.

I can't say that I get a lot of business from my website directly but only because I added myself to google business directories by adding my address and now when people google daycare or childcare etc in my city I pop up. My listing has a link to my website so they initially find me through a general childcare search and then follow the link to my website. The wensite is deffinetely one of the reasons that I get phone calls though since EVERYTHING about my daycare is there. People can see the space, read my policies, review the contract etc. from my website. It's really what tips the scale and gets them in the door which is important, but they have to find it first .
Tags:site, web, website, website review
Reply Up