Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>1 Year Old Shot By Teens
Crystal 08:34 AM 03-22-2013
This is just sickening. What was going through these kid's heads? SO sad.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-ga-infa...110435853.html
Patches 08:40 AM 03-22-2013
So sad! What is the point of shooting the baby?
snbauser 08:42 AM 03-22-2013
Horrific!
momofsix 09:09 AM 03-22-2013
No words to describe how horrible this is. And the suspects are between 10and 15 years old!
It scares me what some young people are doing lately.
KDC 09:17 AM 03-22-2013
Worst nightmare ever. I can't imagine the pain of something so beautiful taken so tragically.

I have a new DCB (Age 3) - and he's really into super hero's and ninja turtles, typical boy stuff. But, he says things that make me uncomfortable (things that were probably said 15 years ago, that nobody would bat an eye for)

Example: Yesterday during finger painting... everyone was saying "I'm making a rainbow", "I'm spelling my name", "I'm making a sunset"... this little DCB says... "I'm making a gun, so I can shoot people".

I calmly said, we do not discuss guns here, they are not an okay to talk about with your friends. We do not talk about them here at daycare. I said "Why don't you paint blue batman?" His question was "why?". So innocently. I said because they hurt people and it's not a nice thing. And quickly changed the topic.

I know him and his father play rough, play wii lego star wars, he watches kick buttowski (which I feel is inappropriate for a boy his age), and knows every super hero's name, and some of their alter ego's... he's beyond obsessed with them. Everyone has a right to parent in their own way, however when they're . I don't think he's going to become a gangster or anything - maybe he'll even become a cop, who knows. I wonder how much of society and media plays into these incidents.
mom2many 09:36 AM 03-22-2013
Originally Posted by momofsix:
No words to describe how horrible this is. And the suspects are between 10and 15 years old!
It scares me what some young people are doing lately.
This exactly...

I simply cannot imagine anything so horrific.
CedarCreek 09:44 AM 03-22-2013
I can't even read that.

I'm positive I'll throw up.
daycarediva 09:53 AM 03-22-2013
Does anyone else think he story sounds a little suspicious? I mean, a small flesh wound for Mom but they killed the baby?

Idk, but people are NUTS either way. Poor baby!
Lyss 10:05 AM 03-22-2013
WTH is wrong with people today? That is so terrible!!!!!
Unregistered 10:07 AM 03-22-2013
Yes, my first reaction was how horrible and my stomach turned. Then thought how odd they would choose to shoot an infant over the one not giving them money. Not that any of it is logical in the slightest. Then again no matter what the whole story is, the outcome is tragic
littlemissmuffet 12:30 PM 03-22-2013
Has there been an update on this story? I really hate to be "that guy"... but I don't believe this story at all. I think the mother is lying...
MyAngels 01:34 PM 03-22-2013
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
Has there been an update on this story? I really hate to be "that guy"... but I don't believe this story at all. I think the mother is lying...
My first thought too....

Either way, just sickening.
allsmiles 01:57 PM 03-22-2013
very strange?? shoving the mom out of the way WHO CAN IDENTIFY YOU and shooting the lil baby right in the head??

i hope they get more info soon, and prayers for peace and comfort for the family..
Reply Up