Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Thank you
hope 03:52 AM 06-13-2014
Thank you Michael for giving me Coworkers at a very lonely job. Thank you Black cat for being a voice of reason when we have had a long day. Thank you Nannyde for giving the babies we care for a voice when we didn't know what they need. Thank you to each member who has shared their stories of break ups, health problems and mommy quilt. Thank you to those members that offer their wisdom, teach us patience and give us strength to help raise these Lil ones we love so much. I am grateful to have this site to talk with my "coworkers" each day and share my memories and hardships. No one else would have me listening to toilet sounds on you tube with my DH!!!!
I can't say it enough, thank you!
Michael 04:06 AM 06-13-2014
You are welcome
Shell 05:54 AM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by hope:
Thank you Michael for giving me Coworkers at a very lonely job. Thank you Black cat for being a voice of reason when we have had a long day. Thank you Nannyde for giving the babies we care for a voice when we didn't know what they need. Thank you to each member who has shared their stories of break ups, health problems and mommy quilt. Thank you to those members that offer their wisdom, teach us patience and give us strength to help raise these Lil ones we love so much. I am grateful to have this site to talk with my "coworkers" each day and share my memories and hardships. No one else would have me listening to toilet sounds on you tube with my DH!!!!
Awesome post, and so very true!
KiddieCahoots 06:00 AM 06-13-2014
And thank you hope!
For posting exactly how many of us feel in such a warm and caring way.
NightOwl 06:57 AM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
And thank you hope!

Blackcat31 07:01 AM 06-13-2014
Thank you!

I passionately care about this forum and it's members too.

I am forever indebted to the vast amount of knowledge and information I have found here.

The support and friendship is like frosting on a cake. (for me, the BEST part.)
nannyde 08:22 AM 06-13-2014
Awwwwwww

Thank you! Very sweet.

I love our family here. I love daycare.com. I wish I was Michael's heir apparent so I could inherit daycare.com... but no he had to have a slew of kids ;-)
Second Home 08:41 AM 06-13-2014
l
Meeko 08:47 AM 06-13-2014
Aww...what a great post! I love it here too
LadyK8 09:23 AM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
And thank you hope!

mia 09:40 AM 06-13-2014
Thank you Hope

Could not have said it any better....

I know I do not say much or comment that often. I really love this site / Forum and all the members who help with everyday issues good or bad.....

You ladies and Gentleman are amazing......

Thank you all
Curious 09:43 AM 06-13-2014
You guys know he's not doing this for free, right? He probably get paid through Adsense.
Blackcat31 09:48 AM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by Curious:
You guys know he's not doing this for free, right? He probably get paid through Adsense.
So?

WE don't have to pay so why would anyone care?

Why would anyone think differently?

Why do YOU care?

It's not some big dark secret... it costs money to own and operate anything.

Providing it to us free is all that matters. If he gets paid for doing so, that's great! Why shouldn't he?
Unregistered 09:52 AM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
So?

WE don't have to pay so why would anyone care?

Why would anyone think differently?

Why do YOU care?

It's not some big dark secret... it costs money to own and operate anything.

Providing it to us free is all that matters. If he gets paid for doing so, that's great! Why shouldn't he?
If he's one of you, why doesn't he reveal what he makes? Almost every poster has revealed their salary? He posts on topics here, besides modding. Why is the money he make here a secret? Why is he hiding the amount? I guess he's above us and doesn't want to share his income like you guys do.
daycarediva 09:52 AM 06-13-2014
Party pooper!

Running & maintaining the site isn't free either. I HOPE he makes a profit.

Great thread, op! This can be a very isolating field. I love having a sounding board, where people that have been there/done that and not only understand, but are able to give us an outside perspective and helpful advice. It's a very cool group of women!
Unregistered 09:53 AM 06-13-2014
Also, I was BANNED for asking about his salary. I just happen to be at an internet cafe. It is a big secret. Really think who is one of you and who isn't. HINT HINT: It might not be the banned members...
CraftyMom 09:57 AM 06-13-2014
Thank you to everyone on here for making my every day with the kids more enjoyable, for giving me a place to vent, find answers and comradery among many many other things!

I would assume Michael gets paid, I don't think anyone expects him to this for nothing! But WE have free access which we appreciate
Unregistered 09:59 AM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
Thank you to everyone on here for making my every day with the kids more enjoyable, for giving me a place to vent, find answers and comradery among many many other things!

I would assume Michael gets paid, I don't think anyone expects him to this for nothing! But WE have free access which we appreciate
Most forums are free. Are you guys regularly paying to be a part of forums?
CraftyMom 10:00 AM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Also, I was BANNED for asking about his salary. I just happen to be at an internet cafe. It is a big secret. Really think who is one of you and who isn't. HINT HINT: It might not be the banned members...
Oh for goodness sake! WE DON'T CARE!
Blackcat31 10:08 AM 06-13-2014
You were not banned for asking a question.

You were banned for stirring the pot.

Like Diva said NO ONE CARES...except you apparently.

Who is one of you and who isn't... sounds like a Dr Seuss story...

I don't care if he makes millions of dollars off this place!

What users gain is priceless.
Blackcat31 10:15 AM 06-13-2014
If he's one of you, why doesn't he reveal what he makes? Almost every poster has revealed their salary? He posts on topics here, besides modding. Why is the money he make here a secret? Why is he hiding the amount? I guess he's above us and doesn't want to share his income like you guys do.
The last big paycheck he made was posted here.

I believe it was around 3.1 million dollars.

http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2014/february.htm

...and again, your point is what?
Annalee 10:37 AM 06-13-2014
You were not banned for asking a question.

You were banned for stirring the pot.

Like Diva said NO ONE CARES...except you apparently.

Who is one of you and who isn't... sounds like a Dr Seuss story...

I don't care if he makes millions of dollars off this place!

What users gain is priceless.
These pot-stirrers are on the prowl! Thanks to you all on the front-lines keeping the forum safe.
Heidi 10:39 AM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by Annalee:
These pot-stirrers are on the prowl! Thanks to you all on the front-lines keeping the forum safe.
It's QOP again, Annalee...
Annalee 10:42 AM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:

craftymissbeth 10:50 AM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Aw, she really loves us

I agree with everyone else... I love it here. I wouldnt have a clue without all of you.

P.S. I'm not interested in any real numbers, but I hope Michael is getting filthy rich off of us
Heidi 10:56 AM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by craftymissbeth:
Aw, she really loves us

I agree with everyone else... I love it here. I wouldnt have a clue without all of you.

P.S. I'm not interested in any real numbers, but I hope Michael is getting filthy rich off of us

Yep...he earned it! He's the poster child for the American Dream. If you're clever enough and work hard enough, you can achieve your goals. We can't all be that clever, but why would we begrudge someone who is?

On the flip side of that coin, there are people who have nothing better to do than torment others. They enjoy it. They go to the trouble of leaving their home to go to an internet cafe just to torment others and to "prove" that they are smarter than everyone else. Wow, just imagine if all that energy was put to GOOD use. That person could be, oh, I don't know...filthy rich, maybe?

I worry about someone like that working with young children, honestly. There seems to be a sadistic streak running through that person.
daycarediva 11:12 AM 06-13-2014
Queen of the playground, aka drama queen. I typically stay out of drama, as these ladies can attest to but in this case---- you need a life.

Michael- NICE PICTURES of you, I had no idea you were in a hair band!

I don't begrudge someone making money from something I enjoy. As I said, I HOPE he makes a salary. He owns the site, it's not obnoxiously loaded with ads (like FACEBOOK anyone? ugh). GOOD FOR HIM, living the American dream.
Leanna 11:14 AM 06-13-2014
Dear Michael,
I hope you make lots and lots of money from this forum and whatever else you do.
nannyde 11:19 AM 06-13-2014
Who said he's doing it for free? Why the heck should he? I hope he makes a billion a year from this site.

He had the foresight to buy into the dot com biz when it was a baby. He was smart enough to pick this domain name and HE built it out. He pays for it. He monitors it. He fixes it.

We get a great forum for free. It's a great deal for us. Be thankful
Leanna 11:38 AM 06-13-2014

I just read that story. I had no idea about Michael's background. Wow! Good for you! I think that is truly a remarkable story.
KiddieCahoots 11:39 AM 06-13-2014

Thank you Bc!

That is such an awesome article!

I'm already so happy to be a part of this forum whether Michael gets paid for it or not, (which I would rather he did!), after reading that article, I feel honored to be here too.

Way to go Michael!
melilley 11:59 AM 06-13-2014
What is wrong with people? Who cares what he makes (a lot I hope)? Providers on here have the choice whether or not they want to post financial info., it's not like anyone is forcing us to do so. I don't understand why that person is getting so angry and why they care.?

Great post hope! I too have come to love this forum and the people in it! I have learned so much and gotten so much great advice on here and am grateful for this forum! I honestly wouldn't be where I am now without it.
MarinaVanessa 12:13 PM 06-13-2014
For one thing we share what we make with each other because we want to and because someone asks, as in another member. Those that don't want to share that info don't and Michael has never asked any one of us how much we make.

On another note, if this forum makes you so grumpy heave off. Why do you keep coming back. You're that mean kid on the playground that the other kids tolerated for a time but as soon as all the kids got tired of playing nice with you because of your mean streak and you got kicked out of school here you go coming back just to cause more problems.

And I don't even care if you've already been blocked again for the THIRD time, I know you're going to find another way to get back on just so that you can cause more drama in your desperate need for attention. You're not fooling anyone. We already know it's you.

This works with my 3 year olds. Hopefully it'll work with you.

KidGrind 12:53 PM 06-13-2014
What Michael makes is his business. What I make is my business. I CHOOSE to share that information or not. He has the same choice. He owes me absolutely nothing including information regarding his income.
preschoolteacher 01:16 PM 06-13-2014
This forum is the greatest. I'm feeling the love here from you all! Dang, it seems we've just been brought closer together by all this drama. Thanks to the pot-stirrer who made it possible! All I'm getting from this now is more and more respect and appreciation for my mature, level-headed, kind coworkers here on the forum.
Josiegirl 03:25 PM 06-13-2014
Wow, this particular pot-stirrer is on some kind of an attention craving I'm-better-than-everyone-of-you kind of a trip.

We wouldn't be here if there wasn't a big draw for us. I didn't come for any reason but seeking advice, wisdom, support, laughter, and the ability to commiserate. On top of all that, I found caring people, experienced people, people willing to help one another, respectful people, people with a sense of humor. From all the child care forums I've ever been on this is by far the best of it's kind. I won't be going anywhere anytime soon and if I ever do leave, it certainly won't be because Michael is making oodles of money here. All the more power to him, as long as he keeps supplying us with our water cooler. I'm sure he works extremely hard to keep us happy. Probably not sitting around eating bon-bons and watching soaps like the rest of us.
Heidi 03:29 PM 06-13-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Wow, this particular pot-stirrer is on some kind of an attention craving I'm-better-than-everyone-of-you kind of a trip.

We wouldn't be here if there wasn't a big draw for us. I didn't come for any reason but seeking advice, wisdom, support, laughter, and the ability to commiserate. On top of all that, I found caring people, experienced people, people willing to help one another, respectful people, people with a sense of humor. From all the child care forums I've ever been on this is by far the best of it's kind. I won't be going anywhere anytime soon and if I ever do leave, it certainly won't be because Michael is making oodles of money here. All the more power to him, as long as he keeps supplying us with our water cooler. I'm sure he works extremely hard to keep us happy. Probably not sitting around eating bon-bons and watching soaps like the rest of us.

Tags:daycare.com, thankful
Reply Up