Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Changing handbook/policies
DaycareDays126 12:55 PM 08-09-2016
I am in need of major policy changes. I feel like I'm being taken advantaged of daily and it's got me in a terrible rut. I'm thinking about contracted hours but not too familiar with them. Does anyone do this and would be willing to share their breakdown/handbook with me? Or if anyone has a handbook that has stern policies in black and white that would be willing to share I'd be so appreciative. I need to get these parents back in to shape and I know it starts first with my attitude, but having the right policies in place that can't be misconstrued would be helpful as well. I'm sick of "I'm going to be late again today", "Do I have to pay you for this day my kids aren't there?", "Oh that's ok, I'll just keep them there later", "Oh he wasn't feeling good this morning, let me know how it goes"...the list could go on and on...hopefully this helps because I think I might lose my mind!
Blackcat31 02:07 PM 08-09-2016
Originally Posted by DaycareDays126:
I am in need of major policy changes. I feel like I'm being taken advantaged of daily and it's got me in a terrible rut. I'm thinking about contracted hours but not too familiar with them. Does anyone do this and would be willing to share their breakdown/handbook with me? Or if anyone has a handbook that has stern policies in black and white that would be willing to share I'd be so appreciative. I need to get these parents back in to shape and I know it starts first with my attitude, but having the right policies in place that can't be misconstrued would be helpful as well. I'm sick of "I'm going to be late again today", "Do I have to pay you for this day my kids aren't there?", "Oh that's ok, I'll just keep them there later", "Oh he wasn't feeling good this morning, let me know how it goes"...the list could go on and on...hopefully this helps because I think I might lose my mind!
I will PM you...
rosieteddy 08:09 AM 08-11-2016
I always revamped my policies in September.I sent a cover letter explaining the changes were coming. Needed to be read and followed .I started with the basics. Tuition hours and sick policies.I took 2 week paid vacations .Listed holidays and hours.Good luck.
thrivingchildcarecom 08:19 AM 08-11-2016
I am so glad you realize you need to change to get the parents to change. It took me a long time to realize that.

PM me and let me know if you need help with specific wording on certain issues. I would love to help and share what I do now.
Reply Up