Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can This Year Just End Already!??!
bunnyslippers 03:43 PM 06-06-2012
I am just at my wit's end. I am done in one more week - 8 more school days - for the summer. And it is dragging and making me miserable. I am sick and being treated with chemotherapy and super high doses of prednisone. Puffy face, mood swings, sick all the time. These blessed parents can't see far enough past themselves to recognize what a struggle every day is for me. I haven't closed - not even when I was hospitalized. Not once. I haven't altered their precious little worlds one bit. Could they just treat me like a person? I just ask that they keep to their schedules, pay me on time, and maybe every once in a while ask me how I am doing. And maybe take it easy on me for once. NO, I can't make your wife a birthday card today. I can barely lift my legs. NO, I won't be having an end of the year cookout this year. I will be in chemo. NO, I don't think I can work on potty training when you haven't even started it at home. NO, I am not going to take language samples for your kindergarten screening. I am too busy during the day to take notes. I just really can't understand people. I am trying my best to finish the year on a positive note - but the steroid rage is bubbling!!!!!

Sorry for the rant, vent and craziness. I am just at my limit. Really. It is here. This is my limit.
MyAngels 03:53 PM 06-06-2012
I am so sorry that you're going through a really rough time. ((Hugs)) to you, and many prayers for a full recovery.
daycare 03:53 PM 06-06-2012
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
I am just at my wit's end. I am done in one more week - 8 more school days - for the summer. And it is dragging and making me miserable. I am sick and being treated with chemotherapy and super high doses of prednisone. Puffy face, mood swings, sick all the time. These blessed parents can't see far enough past themselves to recognize what a struggle every day is for me. I haven't closed - not even when I was hospitalized. Not once. I haven't altered their precious little worlds one bit. Could they just treat me like a person? I just ask that they keep to their schedules, pay me on time, and maybe every once in a while ask me how I am doing. And maybe take it easy on me for once. NO, I can't make your wife a birthday card today. I can barely lift my legs. NO, I won't be having an end of the year cookout this year. I will be in chemo. NO, I don't think I can work on potty training when you haven't even started it at home. NO, I am not going to take language samples for your kindergarten screening. I am too busy during the day to take notes. I just really can't understand people. I am trying my best to finish the year on a positive note - but the steroid rage is bubbling!!!!!

Sorry for the rant, vent and craziness. I am just at my limit. Really. It is here. This is my limit.
wish I could just come and give you a really big HUG...I am counting the days with you.

And I am sending you my stove pan to smack your parents with.....That is horrible that they are not being more helpful to you.....
e.j. 07:24 PM 06-06-2012
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:

Wow! I'm sorry you're going through all of this, especially at a time when you're struggling with your health. People can be so thoughtless and self-involved. Hang in there. Those 8 days will feel like forever while you drag yourself through them but it will be over for the summer before you know it.
Hopefully, you'll be able to rest and recuperate. Here's hoping for a full recovery!
momofsix 11:52 AM 06-07-2012
So sorry you're dealing with dopey parents on top of fighting for your health. How insensitive of them Virtual hugs sent your way and prayers for strength, patience and health for you.
And now you're down to 7 days...you can do this
We're all here for you to vent and rage to...so do what you need to do to get through this last week.
Reply Up