Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Positive 2 Cents This Morning :)
KristinsHomeCC 05:07 AM 02-25-2016
I am sitting in the playroom and it isnt even 8 a.m. and I am HAPPY. I have 3 kiddos here -- 5m, 10m and 2yr. They are all individually playing happily and peacefully. If any of you saw my previous post, it was about my original DCK (been here from the start, love DCPs, everything about them was perfect) and him not getting along with my son at all. This went on for 8 months and since they were my original family, terming wasnt even an option to me. They paid $600/month for DCK to be here. My fiance is a fellow business owner. We aren't bad off at all so I could stand to lose a DCK, I will just fill his spot in the next couple of weeks anyways.

I cannot *believe* I was living that miserably for a good 6 months or so. In the last 2 months I have wanted to cry when I hear my alarm. My days were constant seperating the 2 yr olds and constant taking toys and breaking fights.

I termed DCKs mom Sat with an email giving her 2 weeks to find notice. She was openly devastated and of course he never came back for his last 2 weeks so I didnt even get to say goodbye.

BUT I am SOOOOOOOOO happy!!! This week has been beyond beautiful. Taking our DS to Disney on Saturday and life is wonderful.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day today, an even greater Friday and the best weekend ever!
Blackcat31 05:20 AM 02-25-2016
Originally Posted by KristinsHomeCC:
I am sitting in the playroom and it isnt even 8 a.m. and I am HAPPY. I have 3 kiddos here -- 5m, 10m and 2yr. They are all individually playing happily and peacefully. If any of you saw my previous post, it was about my original DCK (been here from the start, love DCPs, everything about them was perfect) and him not getting along with my son at all. This went on for 8 months and since they were my original family, terming wasnt even an option to me. They paid $600/month for DCK to be here. My fiance is a fellow business owner. We aren't bad off at all so I could stand to lose a DCK, I will just fill his spot in the next couple of weeks anyways.

I cannot *believe* I was living that miserably for a good 6 months or so. In the last 2 months I have wanted to cry when I hear my alarm. My days were constant seperating the 2 yr olds and constant taking toys and breaking fights.

I termed DCKs mom Sat with an email giving her 2 weeks to find notice. She was openly devastated and of course he never came back for his last 2 weeks so I didnt even get to say goodbye.

BUT I am SOOOOOOOOO happy!!! This week has been beyond beautiful. Taking our DS to Disney on Saturday and life is wonderful.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day today, an even greater Friday and the best weekend ever!
Good for you!

Its hard sometimes because the stress grows very slowly and it seems we're so busy that we often miss the signs.

Once it becomes unbearable, we finally make a change and it's amazing!

I wish we (providers) were able to identify our stressors more easily.

Sounds like you are going to be very happy moving forward!!
Play Care 07:44 AM 02-25-2016
Yay!!

I think this job is challenging enough when all the kids are meshing well. It's impossible when you have one that just doesn't.

When I start dreading seeing kids pull up on a daily basis, it's time for a change.
Josiegirl 09:30 AM 02-25-2016
So happy for you!!!! The new calm comes through strong in your post!! Just think what that's doing with the whole group.
KristinsHomeCC 09:13 AM 02-26-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
So happy for you!!!! The new calm comes through strong in your post!! Just think what that's doing with the whole group.
Would you believe me if I said I couldnt even believe the changes already? In 5 DAYS! My son constantly was having toys being taken away and limited to what he could do or where he could be. Since hes the oldest now and I have all littles (under 1 yr) he is able to be more independent and play with more/do more around the house. He is eating 3x more food each day and has gone from 10 temper tantrums average daily to barely 1. He is so much happier as am I and it is a definite HUGE improvement. Thank you ladies!
Tags:daycare environment, problem child
Reply Up