Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Lunch
jennajury 08:41 AM 11-17-2011
I'm just wondering does anyone have problems with children not eating lunch? I have a little girl whose only 2. I know that she doesn't eat much so when she doesn't eat a lot at lunch I don't push it. But she will refuse to eat lunch and then immediately after "beg" for something my husband is eating. and she does this all day long. Will refuse to eat a meal but if my husband or someone else is eating a snack she will want it or she'll go to my cupboard and point. It drives me crazy!!!
Heidi 09:39 AM 11-17-2011
She eats what's offered, or she waits until the next meal. If she begs for someone else' snack, I would just say nicely "That is dh's snack. We will have snack after nap".

I assume you have a fairly predictible routine. She is old enough to understand it! Don't let her fool you. She may look all sweet and innocent, but her receptive lanuage is better than she lets on...
sharlan 09:40 AM 11-17-2011
Hmmm, maybe dh should sit down and have lunch with the kids.
jennajury 09:56 AM 11-17-2011
LOL my husband works all day and usually gets off around 3 or 4. Very rarely is he off during the week but occasionally he is. However she stays later than everyone else and it's not about being hungry with her its about wanting what other people have. I have had this dcg since she was 6 weeks old so yes she knows my routines and she knows better. She just plays off of it because this is how she eats at home I believe (my mom is best friends with her mom, etc. for years) Parents eating habits are beginning to affect her. I get a good distance with her then she goes home for the night or weekend and it starts all over again lol.
Heidi 10:06 AM 11-17-2011
Originally Posted by jennajury:
LOL my husband works all day and usually gets off around 3 or 4. Very rarely is he off during the week but occasionally he is. However she stays later than everyone else and it's not about being hungry with her its about wanting what other people have. I have had this dcg since she was 6 weeks old so yes she knows my routines and she knows better. She just plays off of it because this is how she eats at home I believe (my mom is best friends with her mom, etc. for years) Parents eating habits are beginning to affect her. I get a good distance with her then she goes home for the night or weekend and it starts all over again lol.
Yeah, I think even if your husband were home during the day, he shouldn't be expected to eat with the kids. I am pretty sure my dh would tell me it's not HIS job!

Is there somewhere he can escape to with his meal?

If not, redirect her away from him. She has a right to be "sad", but she does not have a right to infringe on him. She needs to learn that, one way or another.
mrsp'slilpeeps 10:10 AM 11-17-2011
Every dam day!
Tags:lunch, won't eat
Reply Up