Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pink Eye?
Baby Beluga 02:34 PM 11-20-2014
Little one woke up from nap like this. Eye it's self is not pink and it has no re-gooped since I wiped it after nap. Think I should send home and exclude until he sees a doc?

hosting images
Cradle2crayons 04:29 PM 11-20-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Little one woke up from nap like this. Eye it's self is not pink and it has no re-gooped since I wiped it after nap. Think I should send home and exclude until he sees a doc?

hosting images
That doesn't look like pink eye to me... Under it looks bruised... And usually the redness doesn't go up into the eyebrow..

Just my two cents...
Second Home 03:37 AM 11-21-2014
I had pink eye start like this , the redness did not show up for a day or two later . My dd once had a sinus infection that began draining out her tear duct / eye and it looked similar . I would have them go to the dr just to be sure .
Second Home 05:26 AM 11-21-2014
I had pink eye and there was the discharge a day or two before the eye became red . Also my dd once had a sinus infection and there was discharge draining from the tear duct that look ed very similar . Either way I would ask the child be seen by a dr .
NoMoreJuice! 08:25 AM 11-21-2014
My exclusion policy states that a child with ANY purulent eye discharge will be sent home. I sent home two today, and the doc diagnosed a bacterial infection. Protect yourself and your other kids, use more caution than you think necessary. It's no fun inconveniencing one parent, but imagine if they all caught it!
Reply Up