Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Unbelievable Craigs List Ad
Michelle 11:35 AM 11-01-2011
I just saw a LICENSED provider advertising for black friday...
She is willing to take kids on Thanksgiving night at 10:00 pm all the way through the next day at 12 noon for $25.

I am soooo looking forward to those days off, I just can't imagine doing that for so cheap.
daycare 11:41 AM 11-01-2011
wow $25.00

Last year I was open on black friday from 5am-12pm. for $75.00 a kid...I has a full house..

My husband had to work, my older two kids went with my ex husband so it was going to be only me and my little man... I had a blast and made some fun money

BUT $25.00 thats nuts
SilverSabre25 11:50 AM 11-01-2011
eh, whatever works for her. I don't see a problem with it. That one strikes me more as a "to each their own" and "whatever floats your boat, lady" sort of thing.

I'm choosing to not close the day after Thanksgiving...I don't know if I'll have any of my kids, but I'm not officially closed.
Cat Herder 12:25 PM 11-01-2011
It could be an awesome strategic marketing idea.

I have to wonder how many will decide her daycare is nicer/better/cheaper/closer/etc. than their current one?

Not all "one time" offers of childcare are what they seem.....

Sounds like a Paid "Open House" to me.
Michelle 04:02 PM 11-01-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
It could be an awesome strategic marketing idea.

I have to wonder how many will decide her daycare is nicer/better/cheaper/closer/etc. than their current one?

Not all "one time" offers of childcare are what they seem.....

Sounds like a Paid "Open House" to me.
Yea, I kinda thought about that too.
I was thinking about advertising a parents Christmas shopping day/kids fun day where kids can make gifts for their families later in November but this ad is just crazy!
She is setting herself up to be taken advantage,used ,abused and I just think Holidays...even Thanksgiving night should be spent with your families.
But I guess "to each their own" her family will resent her for this.
SilverSabre25 04:06 PM 11-01-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
But I guess "to each their own" her family will resent her for this.
perhaps she doesn't have one. perhaps her children are grown or with their father that week. Perhaps her DH is a doctor//firefighter and is on call that weekend. Perhaps they are struggling financially and this is the only way they will have enough money for Christmas gifts.
Mrs. CC 05:32 PM 11-01-2011
Originally Posted by Michelle:
Yea, I kinda thought about that too.
I was thinking about advertising a parents Christmas shopping day/kids fun day where kids can make gifts for their families later in November but this ad is just crazy!
I have a date night scheduled for Nov 14 and Dec 12 with a shopping saturday in Dec. Only one person has signed up so far, but am still trying!!!
daycare 06:18 PM 11-01-2011
Originally Posted by Mrs. CC:
I have a date night scheduled for Nov 14 and Dec 12 with a shopping saturday in Dec. Only one person has signed up so far, but am still trying!!!
I am donating 5 free parents night out 1 for each family for my sons high school football team auction.... I hope they sell....lol
Nellie 07:11 PM 11-01-2011
I don't know the area, but where I live $25 is an average charge for a normal daycare day. She probable figures kids will come, go strait to bed, sleep, and wake up around 7 or 8 and she will only have 4 to 5 hours of awake time with them. She is either looking for business or is in need of money. I don't fault any one for working hard and finding creative ways to support there family.
Michelle 11:34 PM 11-01-2011
I guess I can picture myself doing this when I first started, but after 11 years of giving into parents, feeling sorry for them and watching their kids ON Thanks giving day, weekends and evenings, etc. I just finally started saying "no" to these things. I sorta swung the pendulum way far to the other side and I am so protective of my families time. Even if I was offered $100 a day, I would say no!
Tags:advertising ideas, creative moment, marketing
Reply Up