Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Too Tired To Listen?
daycare 10:14 AM 11-16-2011
Well today I have only two kids, one being my own child.

My motto here is children who don't listed dont get to have any fun. Well it's always fun here so you better listen...lol

My son all morning has refused to listen, so I told him.....I seems like you are too tired to listen to me right now, so I think you need to go lay down for a nap...

My husband says I am going overboard....

YOur thoughts on this...

BTW why am I listening to my husband....lol
Zoe 11:02 AM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
My husband says I am going overboard....

YOur thoughts on this...

BTW why am I listening to my husband....lol
Um, yeah. Exactly! If that's a rule of yours and it's important to you, then no. You're not going overboard! Boy would my husband get the stink eye if he so much as hinted that I was doing something he didn't agree with in MY daycare.
daycare 11:08 AM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Zoe:
Um, yeah. Exactly! If that's a rule of yours and it's important to you, then no. You're not going overboard! Boy would my husband get the stink eye if he so much as hinted that I was doing something he didn't agree with in MY daycare.
well he had called me, hes actually at work, so I cant send him the stink eye over the phone...lol

He told me that I am going overboard with the punishment.. Seriously... the kid is NOT listening at ALL....lol

My son never does that to my husband, only to me...lol

anyone else kid like this?
Zoe 11:40 AM 11-16-2011
Oh I'm sure there's a way....

I actually have the opposite problem. My kids listen to me, I guess I'm more stern with them. But when Daddy comes home and I want some down time, they won't listen to him or they'll argue with him! It's pretty frustrating actually because then I have to intervene or do something to help the poor guy! It's like he's a substitute Mommy.
daycare 11:48 AM 11-16-2011
lol.....oh wow..

I wonder if its becuase my son is with me all day and gets tired of me..

LOL last night when I was putting him to bed I asked him if he had fun at class time today. (I teach a preschool program). He said NO mommy, I don't like your school, it's pretty annoying when you sing so many songs......I want to go to my own school.
Part of me laughed and part of me cried......

UGH
sharlan 11:49 AM 11-16-2011
well he had called me, hes actually at work, so I cant send him the stink eye over the phone...lol

He told me that I am going overboard with the punishment.. Seriously... the kid is NOT listening at ALL....lol

My son never does that to my husband, only to me...lol

anyone else kid like this?
Most kids listen to one parent over the other.

IF you told your son that he's not behaving and needs to go take a nap, then that's exactly what he needs to do. Your husband is not home, it's not his problem to deal with, it's yours. End of discussion.
Zoe 11:55 AM 11-16-2011
lol.....oh wow..

I wonder if its becuase my son is with me all day and gets tired of me..

LOL last night when I was putting him to bed I asked him if he had fun at class time today. (I teach a preschool program). He said NO mommy, I don't like your school, it's pretty annoying when you sing so many songs......I want to go to my own school.
Part of me laughed and part of me cried......

UGH
Oh I'm sorry hon. I've been there. My DD and I butt heads. We always have and she's only 5! I signed her up for preschool out of the home and it helped. Now that she's in kindergarten, oh my goodness, the change! The absence really makes the heart grow fonder in this case!

Is there any where your little guy can go for a little while just to get a break from Mom in charge? I know it's hard not to take it personally. Hugs to you!
AmyLeigh 01:40 PM 11-16-2011
Tell dh if he doesn't listen to you, he won't have any fun, either!

After all, its the house rule, isn't it?
daycare 01:48 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Most kids listen to one parent over the other.

IF you told your son that he's not behaving and needs to go take a nap, then that's exactly what he needs to do. Your husband is not home, it's not his problem to deal with, it's yours. End of discussion.
thank you...lol
daycare 01:49 PM 11-16-2011
Oh I'm sorry hon. I've been there. My DD and I butt heads. We always have and she's only 5! I signed her up for preschool out of the home and it helped. Now that she's in kindergarten, oh my goodness, the change! The absence really makes the heart grow fonder in this case!

Is there any where your little guy can go for a little while just to get a break from Mom in charge? I know it's hard not to take it personally. Hugs to you!
he will go to preppy-k next fall. I cant do anything prior to then because of DC schedules and not one to help me with the kids. 3 of my kids from DC will be going next fall, so the plan is that I will take them to and from.... I still want to cry....but I know that I can not hang on forever....
Lucy 02:51 PM 11-16-2011
Exactly! Many years ago, my husband used to comment on certain things and I would get soooo mad! A few times I would say something like "YOU AREN'T HERE ALL THE TIME... YOU DON'T KNOW!!" or "Please don't tell me how to run my business!!". Ugh. I hated snapping at him, but I ignored it until I couldn't take it. He no longer says a word.
daycare 03:02 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Joyce:
Exactly! Many years ago, my husband used to comment on certain things and I would get soooo mad! A few times I would say something like "YOU AREN'T HERE ALL THE TIME... YOU DON'T KNOW!!" or "Please don't tell me how to run my business!!". Ugh. I hated snapping at him, but I ignored it until I couldn't take it. He no longer says a word.
I was actually a little shocked that my husband said that..

I know this sounds horrible, but some days that my husband takes my son to do father son stuff, I just pray he will misbehave so that my Hubby can see what I am talking about....
lol....
Tags:provider - own child
Reply Up