Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Crotchless Underwear For Kids (Yes It's For Real)
Oneluckymom 09:35 PM 11-15-2011
What are people thinking? I just don't get it. It infuriates me.
What is wrong with our society?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_1095184.html
MommyofThree 06:09 AM 11-16-2011
disgusting. I would never allow my teen daughter to wear that!!!!!!!!!!!! filth
sassysue 06:11 AM 11-16-2011
I think this thread is inappropriate.Please remove
MommyofThree 06:17 AM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by sassysue:
I think this thread is inappropriate.Please remove
How?? no children, well are suppose to be on here. She is venting about some disgusting store that would dear put something like this in a childrens store. Dont look if you dont like it.
Ariana 10:36 AM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by melissathayer28:
How?? no children, well are suppose to be on here. She is venting about some disgusting store that would dear put something like this in a childrens store. Dont look if you dont like it.
She's inadvertantly advertising the underwear by postng the link.
Cat Herder 10:47 AM 11-16-2011
Nah...this thread is not what worries me. ABC family has "tween" shows hinting to the girls going without panties to be part of the "clique" (Thanks Lindsey, Paris and Britney ). Almost every show marketed to my teen daughter has some sexual reference...

Last years CHRISTMAS movie was about a young woman sleeping her way to the top and she was the HEROINE (7pm, Sunday night, btw). Tune in sometimes.... I bet you will be shocked!!!!

IME, There would be no supply if there was no demand. Seriously, go walk around your juniors dept in ANY store in the mall and see what you find .

Parenting teen girls has gotten CRAZY DIFFICULT.
wdmmom 11:01 AM 11-16-2011
I guess I'll need to update the phb to state that all undies and diapers need to be crotched panties.
Meyou 11:16 AM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Nah...this thread is not what worries me. ABC family has "tween" shows hinting to the girls going without panties to be part of the "clique" (Thanks Lindsey, Paris and Britney ). Almost every show marketed to my teen daughter has some sexual reference...

Last years CHRISTMAS movie was about a young woman sleeping her way to the top and she was the HEROINE (7pm, Sunday night, btw). Tune in sometimes.... I bet you will be shocked!!!!

IME, There would be no supply if there was no demand. Seriously, go walk around your juniors dept in ANY store in the mall and see what you find .

There is a demand and it's so wrong. Tweens and young teens do not need pushup bras, thongs and sexy clothing on their minds.

My dd actually got into an argument with another girl at school recently who told her her hair would look soooo good in a Lulu Lemon headband. DD was wearing a headband and pointed that out. The girl said "But it isn't Lulu." My dd said,"So if it cost $15 and had an upsidedown U on it I'd look better?" The girl said, "Well when you put it that way you're just trying to make me sound dumb. You KNOW what I mean."

DD knew exactly what she meant......to be cool you need to wear $15 headbands with a logo just because everyone says you have to even though her $1 headband held her hair back just fine. That being the SAME as everyone else is more important to young girls than using your brain and actually THINKING about what you're saying.

I'm so, so, so glad my dd uses her brain and is strong enough to value her morals and opinions even when they almost always contradict popular opinion. Most young girls aren't that strong and then we open the doors for crotchless panties and 12 year old cleavage.
daycare 11:34 AM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I guess I'll need to update the phb to state that all undies and diapers need to be crotched panties.
lol....hahhah. that was funny..

Really I just don't get why anyone would think that these types of garments are ok for anyone under the age of 18 or should I say someone not married...lol

BUT like someone stated, as sick as it is.there would be no supply if there was no demand.

This is why we need to parent and we need to set good examples from a young age.
Just because the option is out there, does not mean we have to choose it..

UGH...Im grossed out....
Blackcat31 11:41 AM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:

I do agree that the way some of these teens dress is completely offensive and I do not approve one bit, but the saddest thing I see in the Jr's department at the mall is women in their late 30ies/40ies wearing the teeny bopper clothing right along side their tween and teen DD's!! Talk about modeling bad behavior!!

I am extra thankful that me parenting a tween/teen girl is looong over!!
Whew! I made it through those years without any major issues ...and I am NOT a grandparent yet!
daycare 11:45 AM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I do agree that the way some of these teens dress is completely offensive and I do not approve one bit, but the saddest thing I see in the Jr's department at the mall is women in their late 30ies/40ies wearing the teeny bopper clothing right along side their tween and teen DD's!! Talk about modeling bad behavior!!

I am extra thankful that me parenting a tween/teen girl is looong over!!
Whew! I made it through those years without any major issues ...and I am NOT a grandparent yet!
When my daughter was packing her bags to go to Europe this past summer we had to have a huge discussion about how to properly dress.

I told her how important it was to 1. respect herself 2. not send the wrong message and 3. dress her age.

She cried then entire time..

She also used against me that I wore a micro mini bathing suit in a body building competition almost 10 years ago. Of course, I did not allow her to get off the hook because of what i chose to do as an adult.

UGH. you think that the sex sales ads are bad here...go to Europe... Holy cow MOly
Zoe 12:10 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
There is a demand and it's so wrong. Tweens and young teens do not need pushup bras, thongs and sexy clothing on their minds.

My dd actually got into an argument with another girl at school recently who told her her hair would look soooo good in a Lulu Lemon headband. DD was wearing a headband and pointed that out. The girl said "But it isn't Lulu." My dd said,"So if it cost $15 and had an upsidedown U on it I'd look better?" The girl said, "Well when you put it that way you're just trying to make me sound dumb. You KNOW what I mean."

DD knew exactly what she meant......to be cool you need to wear $15 headbands with a logo just because everyone says you have to even though her $1 headband held her hair back just fine. That being the SAME as everyone else is more important to young girls than using your brain and actually THINKING about what you're saying.

I'm so, so, so glad my dd uses her brain and is strong enough to value her morals and opinions even when they almost always contradict popular opinion. Most young girls aren't that strong and then we open the doors for crotchless panties and 12 year old cleavage.
Ok, I don't know you or your daughter but may I just applaud you both?! I live in a very materialistic town and I can only hope that my own daughter has the guts to say something as wise when that situation arises (and it WILL). Bravo!

As for the original post, ugh. I hope that store loses business. We don't need yet another thing to sexualize our children earlier and earlier.
Sugar Magnolia 12:17 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
When my daughter was packing her bags to go to Europe this past summer we had to have a huge discussion about how to properly dress.

I told her how important it was to 1. respect herself 2. not send the wrong message and 3. dress her age.

She cried then entire time..

She also used against me that I wore a micro mini bathing suit in a body building competition almost 10 years ago. Of course, I did not allow her to get off the hook because of what i chose to do as an adult.

UGH. you think that the sex sales ads are bad here...go to Europe... Holy cow MOly
Bodybuilding competition?!? YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! Awesome! I have a teen boy, and he thinks girls that dress trashy are not his type. He sees a direct correlation between trashy dressers and bad grades. I'm so lucky to have a son that cares more about a girls GRADES than her clothes. Maybe tell your daughter he said that!
daycare 12:28 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
Bodybuilding competition?!? YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! Awesome! I have a teen boy, and he thinks girls that dress trashy are not his type. He sees a direct correlation between trashy dressers and bad grades. I'm so lucky to have a son that cares more about a girls GRADES than her clothes. Maybe tell your daughter he said that!
My son is the same exact way. We are both so lucky. I will tell her this, of course she could careless what her 15 yr old brother thinks.
KAWISTA9 12:42 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:

You daughter is an awesome young lady!! Great parenting!!
Kaddidle Care 12:58 PM 11-16-2011

I am so glad I have boys. Now I just need to teach them to stay away from girls that would wear such things.

I really do wonder how many they have actually sold. Gross!
Hunni Bee 03:19 PM 11-16-2011
I didn't own a pair of string bikini underwear til I was grown and buying my own.

I have seen several pairs on 4 and 5 year old bottoms in the last couple years.
wdmmom 03:25 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
I didn't own a pair of string bikini underwear til I was grown and buying my own.

I have seen several pairs on 4 and 5 year old bottoms in the last couple years.
I'm with Hunni Bee. Back in my growing up days...undies were undies. There wasn't a trend to follow. We all wore good ol' briefs some with the days of the week on them. There weren't characters on them. If you were lucky, they were different colors.

I met my husband when I was 18. I never thought anything of what I wore. He sure did! LOL That's ultimately what prompted me to buy bikinis. I didn't buy a thong until I was 27 years old! Underwear just wasn't a thing to think about let alone worry about...
Ariana 03:27 PM 11-16-2011
Maybe I'll be eating my own words when my DD becomes a teen but I think it's 100% the parents fault for letting it happen. One of my DCG dresses like a princess every.single.day she comes here. The mom just can't say no to her. Her older one dresses innapropriately and she's only 5. All they talk about is pretty this and pretty that!!! it's soooo sad.
Oneluckymom 03:34 PM 11-16-2011
Having two children my own who are so young, I found that anyone who would create this type of clothing to market to children (yes teens in my book are still children) is appalling.

In no way, shape or form am I attempting to "advertise" or "support" this type of merchandise.

I am sorry if this thread has offended anyone. I was simply attempting to draw attention to what I felt was yet one more step to encourage sexual behavior among our children.

I consider myself an advocate for children everywhere, especially those whom I care for on a daily basis.
Ariana 03:52 PM 11-16-2011
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom:
Having two children my own who are so young, I found that anyone who would create this type of clothing to market to children (yes teens in my book are still children) is appalling.

In no way, shape or form am I attempting to "advertise" or "support" this type of merchandise.

I am sorry if this thread has offended anyone. I was simply attempting to draw attention to what I felt was yet one more step to encourage sexual behavior among our children.

I consider myself an advocate for children everywhere, especially those whom I care for on a daily basis.
I definately don't think you're trying to advertise the material. I hope my post didn't offend you. Sometimes when you post a link it generates more "hits" then it might otherwise generate and then who knows what sicko is on this site that might come across your link kwim?

Remember that time Amazon was selling that pedophile book? Well it was posted so many times on forums and got so many hits and more and more people downloaded it and the next thing you know it became a best seller!!
dave4him 07:34 PM 11-16-2011
You see im a guy and i already know that doesnt sound comfortable!
Yes its insane, but look at the world we live in, should we be suprised.
No my daugthers will not be wearing them!
Tags:clothing, inappropriate behavior, marketing, sexting, sexual, television
Reply Up