Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Compliment From Neighbor!!!!!
Country Kids 10:58 AM 09-14-2012
OK, a while ago I posted how next door neighbor was shutting windows very loudly when the kids where outside. Especially when one scream/cried.

Well, today we are out on our walk and the across the street neighbor said "Wow, is that the little bunch I hear outside?" I brace myself and say "Yes, it is."

The response was "That is the best noise to hear outside everyday!" I almost cried because this is a neighbor in my corner for outdoor play! They are an older couple and just love to hear the kids outside and now all the more to be out-for the older couples who have no children at home anymore!
Oneluckymom 11:08 AM 09-14-2012
AAAWWWWW, how sweet! I love older couples who just love littles ! That must make you feel great!
daycarediva 11:13 AM 09-14-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
OK, a while ago I posted how next door neighbor was shutting windows very loudly when the kids where outside. Especially when one scream/cried.

Well, today we are out on our walk and the across the street neighbor said "Wow, is that the little bunch I hear outside?" I brace myself and say "Yes, it is."

The response was "That is the best noise to hear outside everyday!" I almost cried because this is a neighbor in my corner for outdoor play! They are an older couple and just love to hear the kids outside and now all the more to be out-for the older couples who have no children at home anymore!
That's what my neighbors say! They even voluteered us to use the little hill in their yard so that we could go sledding (its 4ft high, so cute for the little people)

They raised 3 kids and grandkids don't live near enough to visit often, so they LOVE the little kids. They even know most of their names, even if it's just to say Hi in passing.
sharlan 11:33 AM 09-14-2012
I agree.

It makes me sad to never hear noise coming from the house across the street. We ride bikes and walk in front of their house and never hear a sound.
e.j. 11:45 AM 09-14-2012
How nice! That must have made your day!
Country Kids 12:00 PM 09-14-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I agree.

It makes me sad to never hear noise coming from the house across the street. We ride bikes and walk in front of their house and never hear a sound.
Is this from the other childcare on your street? Wow, I wonder how the parents feel about this?
Michael 02:35 PM 09-14-2012
You can tell a neighborhood is alive when you hear children playing.
MarinaVanessa 02:46 PM 09-14-2012
Awwwww thanks for sharing. I enjoy reading about positive things like this. I'm glad you have someone in your corner rooting for you
Tags:compliment, neighbors, positive
Reply Up