Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Can I Attract Disgruntled Parents From A Local Franchise Daycare Center?
TBird 05:50 PM 01-02-2013
Recently, I have gotten several inquiries (and even a few new starts) from a local franchise daycare center that parents are pretty unhappy with. It looks like they've had a room full of teachers leave, I've heard that they are dirty & have too many babies to be able to give them appropriate care.

It's not my business to form an opinion on the franchise (I've never even been inside) BUT I am curious as to how I could reach out and market to these parents (I have a large group license so I have infant & preschool openings). I have of course told my new starts about the referral bonus and I've also left my cards in the plaza stores where the center is located. Can you guys think of anything else I can do???
Sprouts 06:12 PM 01-02-2013
make a car magnet from vista print and drive by or have someone drive by slowly....during normal drop off and pick up times....
maybe one magnet can say..."Not happy with your childcare?" lol j/k
but just put ur daycare name, cute pic and a website and or number...
TBird 06:16 PM 01-02-2013
Originally Posted by Sprouts:
make a car magnet from vista print and drive by or have someone drive by slowly....during normal drop off and pick up times....
maybe one magnet can say..."Not happy with your childcare?" lol j/k
but just put ur daycare name, cute pic and a website and or number...
OMG...I told my assistant EXACTLY that!!! I have two magnets...one on each side of my van. So you don't think it's tacky or that I'd get arrested??? I mean it is a public parking lot in a plaza. I wouldn't get too close to the door or anything & maybe I could just take a few mornings & evenings to leave the van there for a while.
Sprouts 06:24 PM 01-02-2013
Originally Posted by TBird:
OMG...I told my assistant EXACTLY that!!! I have two magnets...one on each side of my van. So you don't think it's tacky or that I'd get arrested??? I mean it is a public parking lot in a plaza. I wouldn't get too close to the door or anything & maybe I could just take a few mornings & evenings to leave the van there for a while.
lol Great minds think alike or crazy ones lol

If its a public lot in a plaza I dont see why not. And your not saying anything bad about them (slander). The only thing i could forsee is one of the directors maybe getting mad? I just had a parent write a bad review about me online out of anger, so people do some silly stuff...but honestly i think the magnet is a great idea...what other stores are in this plaza?
TBird 06:31 PM 01-02-2013
...what other stores are in this plaza?
Let's see...I've left materials in the Chinese Restaurant, laundromat & deli.

They also have a Mexican restaurant, a gym, a dance studio, cigarette store, liquor store, a kids' fun center, and a few others that I can't recall. I haven't left materials in these stores because....well, I don't know why. I should probably ask even if they say no.
MamaG 06:32 PM 01-02-2013
The director can be as mad as she wants, if you didn't break any laws she will have to stuff it :-) good luck! Hehehe
Sprouts 06:33 PM 01-02-2013
i dont know if i would leave it in a liquor store? lol
coolconfidentme 06:55 PM 01-02-2013
Recently, I have gotten several inquiries (and even a few new starts) from a local franchise daycare center that parents are pretty unhappy with. It looks like they've had a room full of teachers leave, I've heard that they are dirty & have too many babies to be able to give them appropriate care.

It's not my business to form an opinion on the franchise (I've never even been inside) BUT I am curious as to how I could reach out and market to these parents (I have a large group license so I have infant & preschool openings). I have of course told my new starts about the referral bonus and I've also left my cards in the plaza stores where the center is located. Can you guys think of anything else I can do???
I'm interested in the replies...

I'm trying to get into the local factories & could use help too. (I'm open 1st, 2nd & 3rd shift) They do not allow flyers, but I papered the town with them. (I offer a referral fee too.)
Sprouts 03:36 PM 01-03-2013
I swear I don't work four vista print, but I have used their post card mailings (when they are promoting a sale, like always) and u pick the zip code and mailing criteria....I got one customer, and a few interviews, so well worth it
MarinaVanessa 03:47 PM 01-03-2013
I'd park your van right in front of the place. Maybe even double park it sideways

Hopefully they don't steal your magnets but at least the cost of your new ones are 100% tax deductible

P.S. I was only half joking at the first part and completely joking about the double parking.
TBird 04:25 PM 01-03-2013
I swear I don't work four vista print, but I have used their post card mailings (when they are promoting a sale, like always) and u pick the zip code and mailing criteria....I got one customer, and a few interviews, so well worth it
Oh thanks...And you're right...I could sop Vista Print up with a biscuit! I totally forgot about their direct mail thing. I am totally gonna give that a try!
TBird 04:29 PM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I'd park your van right in front of the place. Maybe even double park it sideways

Hopefully they don't steal your magnets but at least the cost of your new ones are 100% tax deductible

P.S. I was only half joking at the first part and completely joking about the double parking.
TOO FUNNY!!! Yes... I was thinking something viewable but a bit more inconspicuous.
Meeko 05:26 PM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
I'm interested in the replies...

I'm trying to get into the local factories & could use help too. (I'm open 1st, 2nd & 3rd shift) They do not allow flyers, but I papered the town with them. (I offer a referral fee too.)
We have a huge Nestle plant here. They won't post fliers either. However, I called and spoke to their personnel manager. I asked if they get calls from workers unable to come into work because their provider is sick/closed etc. I pointed out that must hinder production and wouldn't they like to let their employees know that someone might be available so they COULD come to work??? She was happy to refer people and did several times.

It's been many years and I don't do shift work any more...but it worked well to "work another angle"!!
coolconfidentme 07:56 PM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:
We have a huge Nestle plant here. They won't post fliers either. However, I called and spoke to their personnel manager. I asked if they get calls from workers unable to come into work because their provider is sick/closed etc. I pointed out that must hinder production and wouldn't they like to let their employees know that someone might be available so they COULD come to work??? She was happy to refer people and did several times.

It's been many years and I don't do shift work any more...but it worked well to "work another angle"!!
THANKS A BUNCH!!!!
melskids 03:53 AM 01-04-2013
I would make fliers and stick them on every cars' windsheild in that parking lot, whether there was a center there or not.
TBird 04:19 AM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by melskids:
I would make fliers and stick them on every cars' windsheild in that parking lot, whether there was a center there or not.
Oh I wish I could...a co-worker of mine flyered cars for a company we worked for (in our competitor's plaza) and he had to go to court & pay a big fat FINE.
Blackcat31 06:55 AM 01-04-2013
Do any of your new starts from the center have "friends" they left behind?

I would think that they woul dbe your best resource. We have a 24 hour center here and ALOT of people sign on but not many stay long term.

Sometimes I will get a call here and there saying someone is interested in finding new care and they will literally say "How many openings do you have? I have a few friends who go to ABC Center too and are looking to change care arrangments too."

Otherwise, I would really focus on simply getting your name out there. If anyone is unhappy with the franchise, they will nto have to look far to find other care places if you have signs and flyers plastered everywhere.
TBird 08:42 AM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Do any of your new starts from the center have "friends" they left behind?

I would think that they woul dbe your best resource. We have a 24 hour center here and ALOT of people sign on but not many stay long term.

Sometimes I will get a call here and there saying someone is interested in finding new care and they will literally say "How many openings do you have? I have a few friends who go to ABC Center too and are looking to change care arrangments too."

Otherwise, I would really focus on simply getting your name out there. If anyone is unhappy with the franchise, they will nto have to look far to find other care places if you have signs and flyers plastered everywhere.
YUP! The ones that I got just started so I'm sure they'll pass along my info. soon. I'm sure there are others looking to leave because every last teacher in their infant room left...AT ONCE. I think they started their own thing so I'm sure some of the kids will go with them. I feel so bad for the parents....they pay so much to that center & they are so unhappy & never have anything nice to say.
DaisyMamma 09:10 AM 01-04-2013
Go to vistaprint and get large lawn signs made and put them up near the other daycare. Not too close, but in any direction that someone might go who uses that daycare.
Tags:marketing
Reply Up