Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>90 Day Inspection
284878 10:25 AM 11-27-2014
I have yet to get my 90 day inspection and my 90 days is almost up. When my consultant called to tell me I was official, she said she would be calling soon to schedule the inspection. Should I try to reminder her or just wait for her to call?
Indoorvoice 05:33 PM 11-27-2014
I would probably call. I'm also in Michigan and mine called me that day and set up an appointment for the following week.
284878 07:22 AM 12-02-2014
I forgot to call her yesterday and she emailed today. I am having the inspection tomorrow during lunch. Any recommendations on what I should double check???? Please any suggestions.
Indoorvoice 07:43 AM 12-02-2014
Make sure your licensing notebook is all in order and that you have all child information cards and child in care statements completed and filled out correctly. Have anything that children shouldn't have either out of your daycare area or locked up (this includes plastic bags). My inspector was mainly concerned about my paperwork and that everything looked safe. She also looked at my discipline plan and emergency plans. Also make sure you have first and last names on your attendance sheets. If you have any questions let me know. Mine wasn't too long ago. I was really stressed out about it and it turned out to be no big deal.
morgan24 08:11 AM 12-02-2014
I had one a couple of months ago. Mine also checked my diaper changing area and made sure the pad didn't have any tears or holes in it. He checked the water in the bathroom to make sure it was 120 degrees. Mine is big on safe sleep so he checked the crib to see if the sheets were fitted tight enough and he checks to make sure the current recall list is posted with the rest of my information. Make sure there's nothing within 4 ft of your furnace. Good luck and try not to stress to much. It's really not that bad.
Indoorvoice 08:33 AM 12-02-2014
Originally Posted by morgan24:
I had one a couple of months ago. Mine also checked my diaper changing area and made sure the pad didn't have any tears or holes in it. He checked the water in the bathroom to make sure it was 120 degrees. Mine is big on safe sleep so he checked the crib to see if the sheets were fitted tight enough and he checks to make sure the current recall list is posted with the rest of my information. Make sure there's nothing within 4 ft of your furnace. Good luck and try not to stress to much. It's really not that bad.
It's crazy how different each inspector is! Mine checked NONE of those things, but those are all good things to look over just in case.
284878 07:12 PM 12-02-2014
This sound better than what I have heard before. I was told that they went through everything! with no exceptions. I kept thinking they will be here for hours than.
What both of you described sounds more like what foster care would do on the annual visit. Water temp, sleeping area, paper work, and so forth. I never got dinged with them.

My biggest concern is my basement, it is not used for DC at all but it is a big disaster zone.
Elko 05:26 AM 12-03-2014
There's a 90 day inspection? I assume it means 90 days after you open?
284878 06:24 AM 12-03-2014
Originally Posted by Elko:
There's a 90 day inspection? I assume it means 90 days after you open?
Yes Their is or supposed to be an inspection within 90 after you open. This Friday is 90 days for me and she is just emailed Tuesday for an inspection for today.
284878 12:33 PM 12-03-2014
I passed! but got a few technical.
She found some blanks on my child record cards, DCM did not complete (she does not seem to like paper work).
She also solved the mystery of the hot tub and my nephews opening it. Seems the lock falls open when bumped, so no wonder they are able to get it open. The tub is empty, so no worries but I will replace the locks before we fill.
It was just like my foster care inspections, nothing to worry about as long as you are following the rules.
Elko 01:26 PM 12-03-2014
Weird, the home daycare I worked in for 7 months never had an inspection... It's in Michigan too
284878 11:24 AM 12-06-2014
Weird, the home daycare I worked in for 7 months never had an inspection... It's in Michigan too
This is the rule / 90 day inspection is for a family home day care that is registered for 0-6 kids and no full time helper.

You most likely worked in a Group home day care as a full time/ part time assistant, that has 6-12 kids. Their inspections are different than family home day care.
Elko 09:32 PM 12-06-2014
It was licensed as family, with a limit of 6. Wonder what happened?
morgan24 04:26 AM 12-07-2014
It was licensed as family, with a limit of 6. Wonder what happened?
The first time you get your family license, the inspection is within 90 days. Every 3 years you renew and you get a visit from licensing. I have had one visit a month before my license expired and the other one was 2 weeks after I renewed.
Tags:inspection - monthly
Reply Up