Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Back to Normal Tomorrow
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 06:31 AM 01-04-2015
This has been the shortest two weeks of my life. I am not prepared for tomorrow at all. Back to 4:30am alarms. Grumpy whiny kids because they have been with submissive parents for two weeks. It's ok though. I'm gonna remain positive and stick to my schedule and everything else will fall in line.
AuntTami 06:34 AM 01-04-2015
Originally Posted by Cozy_Kids_Childcare:
This has been the shortest two weeks of my life. I am not prepared for tomorrow at all. Back to 4:30am alarms. Grumpy whiny kids because they have been with submissive parents for two weeks. It's ok though. I'm gonna remain positive and stick to my schedule and everything else will fall in line.
Back to normal on Wednesday for me. Everyone comes back but I haven't had the last two weeks off. I've taken drop ins in place of my regulars, so I'm ready to get back to my normal group! Some of my drop ins were school agers and I've come to realize that I prefer toddlers so I'll be happy to have all my little ones back!
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 07:07 AM 01-04-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
Back to normal on Wednesday for me. Everyone comes back but I haven't had the last two weeks off. I've taken drop ins in place of my regulars, so I'm ready to get back to my normal group! Some of my drop ins were school agers and I've come to realize that I prefer toddlers so I'll be happy to have all my little ones back!
After a year of before/after school kids I swore never again. I'm happy for them to come back just not the 4:30 wake up. I have totally switched up stuff. I took out a bunch of toys. And rearranged everything. So hopefully it will all have a fresh attitude. I said next year I'm not going to take off as much time. I'm trying to fill my last two slots with non teacher kids.
spinnymarie 08:10 AM 01-04-2015
Same here. Not ready for tomorrow.
Annalee 11:02 AM 01-04-2015
I go back to work tommorrow but will not have the whole crew until Thursday...several will be home with school siblings which do not go back until Thursday.
midaycare 11:16 AM 01-04-2015
I worked 2 days Christmas week and 3 days last week - a full week is going to feel so looooooong!

Is it Friday yet?
Sunshine74 02:30 PM 01-04-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I worked 2 days Christmas week and 3 days last week - a full week is going to feel so looooooong!

Is it Friday yet?
I worked 3 days Christmas week (with a short day Christmas eve) and 3 last week too. The week will feel long, but I am looking forward to our toddlers getting back on schedule. They have been a mess with too many days off.
BumbleBee 05:51 PM 01-04-2015
I've been off since the 24th. I was actually getting excited about tomorrow, seeing 'my' kids again. Getting back into the groove of things. But the weather is making it very likely there will be a snow day tomorrow. I do NOT want school agers all day after they've been off for 2 weeks. *sigh*
CraftyMom 05:56 PM 01-04-2015
I am so not looking forward to tomorrow! After 12 days I'm expecting total routine loss! One of my infants who normally gets held a lot I am expecting to be miserable since I'm sure he was held constantly with his teacher mom home for 12 days! I'm planning for the worst, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised! Although I know one particular 2.5 yo dcg is unbearable on a normal Monday, nevermind the Monday after 12 days off!
Controlled Chaos 06:52 PM 01-04-2015
I am excited, because this is my first month on my new contract/pay schedule! Woohoo! And I have a new dcg starting in the morning, hope she plays nice
holly333 07:27 PM 01-04-2015
It's a full moon tomorrow too! It's going to be rough!
BumbleBee 08:47 PM 01-04-2015
Originally Posted by holly333:

Sunshine74 10:54 PM 01-04-2015
What?! Noooo!
BumbleBee 03:08 AM 01-05-2015
Snow day. *sob*
DaveA 04:05 AM 01-05-2015
Didn't need to know that. UGH. Tuesday will be back to normal. Today is going to stink: all kids back plus school's out one more day, so my 2 and my school ager here all day.

I hear a conversation with Jack Daniels in my future tonight.
CraftyMom 05:07 AM 01-05-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:
Didn't need to know that. UGH. Tuesday will be back to normal. Today is going to stink: all kids back plus school's out one more day, so my 2 and my school ager here all day.

I hear a conversation with Jack Daniels in my future tonight.

KSDC 05:35 AM 01-05-2015
Originally Posted by DaveArmour:

Me too.
Tomorrow will be back to normal.
Today is a teacher work day. So, I have 3 extra SA for the day. Plus, there is no pre-school. (3 of my kiddos switch off with half day preschool.) So, full-house all day. And 4 non-nappers! Not looking forward to today at all!
Unregistered 06:17 AM 01-05-2015
Originally Posted by KSDC:
Me too.
Tomorrow will be back to normal.
Today is a teacher work day. So, I have 3 extra SA for the day. Plus, there is no pre-school. (3 of my kiddos switch off with half day preschool.) So, full-house all day. And 4 non-nappers! Not looking forward to today at all!
My first day back only had 4 scheduled for today plus 1 b/a school. Two sibblings decided to stay home with dad, 1 dcg 2 came at 7:50 and second dcg came at 10! It's been so quiet we've baked, fed the birds, made home made soup, tidied, played with the special toys and it's still only the morning! I'm hoping for a very productive day!
_Dana_ 10:05 AM 01-05-2015
Back to normal for me this week too.

I had a week off between Christmas Eve to NYD and was all excited for holiday fun. But my immune system had different plans. I came down with Influenza A on Christmas Eve with 103* fevers for 4 days! Initially I was really bummed to have caught it. But in all reality, if I had had to get sick, it was the best time to catch it b/c I didn't have to take any days off and it didn't interrupt any of my DCK's schedules. (Can't afford to take any sick days atm)

I'm just glad to feel human again!
Controlled Chaos 11:18 AM 01-05-2015
Originally Posted by _Dana_:
Back to normal for me this week too.

I had a week off between Christmas Eve to NYD and was all excited for holiday fun. But my immune system had different plans. I came down with Influenza A on Christmas Eve with 103* fevers for 4 days! Initially I was really bummed to have caught it. But in all reality, if I had had to get sick, it was the best time to catch it b/c I didn't have to take any days off and it didn't interrupt any of my DCK's schedules. (Can't afford to take any sick days atm)

I'm just glad to feel human again!
glad you are better
Blackcat31 11:32 AM 01-05-2015
What is this "normal" you speak of?
BumbleBee 01:26 PM 01-05-2015
Looks like a snow day tomorrow too. Heaven help me.
daycare 01:29 PM 01-05-2015
nothing about our days are ever normal....lol

interesting is a better description .

I am excited to get back to preschool everyday. The kids were getting bored and starting to act up in looking for things to do. They are used to having lessons every day so they didn't really know what to do when I said for two weeks no lessons.....

We all had a great time, but now things are back to the way we all like them....

I guess I am odd......
hope 04:29 PM 01-05-2015
I want to get my care free, happy, rested attitude back. I felt good the past 2 weeks. Better than good, I felt great. One day back and I am so mad.
First, I pay my assistant to take my DD to and from school each day and she let me know last minute that she couldn't 3 days this week. Then dcm tells me that dcg will be starting preschool two days a week in two weeks. As it is she lingers here every day. So i told her that she will still need to pick up the baby and be gone by 3:30 on one of those days. (I would have liked to have said that she is contracted till 3:30 and should be out every day by then but didn't). To which now this has become an issue. Everything is an issue to this lady. Every week I am stressed over her creating issues. Back to the norm......
Controlled Chaos 05:49 PM 01-05-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
nothing about our days are ever normal....lol

interesting is a better description .

I am excited to get back to preschool everyday. The kids were getting bored and starting to act up in looking for things to do. They are used to having lessons every day so they didn't really know what to do when I said for two weeks no lessons.....

We all had a great time, but now things are back to the way we all like them....

I guess I am odd......
I am the same way we didn't do lessons for 2 weeks either. Now that I have daily goals and lessons again I am more engaged and invested with the kids. I don't do well with too much open play all day. I am way too list/goal oriented.
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 05:58 PM 01-05-2015
Originally Posted by hope:
I want to get my care free, happy, rested attitude back. I felt good the past 2 weeks. Better than good, I felt great. One day back and I am so mad.
First, I pay my assistant to take my DD to and from school each day and she let me know last minute that she couldn't 3 days this week. Then dcm tells me that dcg will be starting preschool two days a week in two weeks. As it is she lingers here every day. So i told her that she will still need to pick up the baby and be gone by 3:30 on one of those days. (I would have liked to have said that she is contracted till 3:30 and should be out every day by then but didn't). To which now this has become an issue. Everything is an issue to this lady. Every week I am stressed over her creating issues. Back to the norm......
It's nice to know I'm not alone. This morning my mood was great and then by 8am it had shifted. Nobody listen today. One boy kept sticking his arm out to trip my dad when she would walk past him. No reason just being mean. Then my young dcg is held and never put down was a nightmare. Plus my entitled kids were here an hour and half early this morning cause dad had to drop off. Mom was sick in bed with strep and shingles. Then she calls at 4:45 to tell me dad was stuck in meeting that she was coming to get them. I close at 5. She didn't make it till 5:20. I felt bad for her cause she looked like warmed over hell. Oh yeah then my nephew wakes up from nap with 102.3 fever. My mom takes him to the doctor and he tested positive for the FLU! So I spent all afternoon sanitizing everything that was out today. I didn't care what it was or if he even touched it. My son came home from school and was like what is that smell? Is that Lysol because I can taste it.
Tags:holidays - over it
Reply Up