Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Documenting Delays
Stephnrich 06:06 AM 03-12-2015
I've been lurking for some time, keep meaning to post but something always stops me. This is a great group of providers, so I'm hoping someone could guide me to what I'm looking for. There's a child in my care who is 3.7 and is being retested for delays. He was tested at 3 yrs and told he is fine. His parents, grandparents and I all agree that was incorrect, so he's getting retested. His parents asked for me to document what I'm seeing as delays, but I'm not sure what all to write down. Ideas? Or does anyone have a premade form for this by chance?
TIA!
spinnymarie 11:20 AM 03-12-2015
What was he tested on? I like the ASQ, its relatively easy to use and find - that's what the Dr's office here uses.
I would be uncomfortable using something of my own making, I would ask DCM to provide me with something (official) that I could fill out.
daycarediva 11:29 AM 03-12-2015
If there is time, have Mom call and ask what would be helpful. I would print out and complete an ASQ and a vineland. I would include a brief, facts only statement of the child's strengths and weaknesses.

I am having one daycare child assessed right now, and they glanced at and essentially disregarded the ASQ and the vineland I completed. They contacted me for further information and were interested in only what I wrote. You really never know what they are going to want/use/need.
Stephnrich 03:21 PM 03-12-2015
Originally Posted by spinnymarie:
What was he tested on? I like the ASQ, its relatively easy to use and find - that's what the Dr's office here uses.
I would be uncomfortable using something of my own making, I would ask DCM to provide me with something (official) that I could fill out.
He was just tested by the school district for general delays. The parents started to worry about autism. There is something off. I'll look up ASQ, thanks. I haven't heard of it yet.
Reply Up