Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>FB Business Page Help
Baby Beluga 03:55 PM 05-27-2015
I am trying to change the category for which my daycare business page is under on Facebook. I have seen many pages that say "Daycare, childcare, etc" However all I am finding is a preschool and an education title. Nothing about daycare or childcare. How are people getting these titles?

Here is an example of what I want it to say: (under the name of the business it says "childcare")
https://www.facebook.com/childcarecentremalta

What am I doing wrong?
Unregistered 04:51 PM 05-27-2015
Under subcategories in your page info, click edit then type in child care, and day care separately. They should each come up as an option, that's what I did. HTH
Baby Beluga 05:08 PM 05-27-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Under subcategories in your page info, click edit then type in child care, and day care separately. They should each come up as an option, that's what I did. HTH
Thank you! Unfortunately it isn't giving me an option to type anything in. Just drop down menus.
Sunchimes 05:57 PM 05-27-2015
Sometimes, you get different options when you are on a phone or tablet than on a PC or laptop. Maybe that's it?
Unregistered 11:05 PM 05-27-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Thank you! Unfortunately it isn't giving me an option to type anything in. Just drop down menus.
Hmm, I'm not sure why it's not working for you. I just tried it on my iPad (in the FB site in Safari not the FB app) and it worked. I started typing in daycare and a drop down list of options appeared. Is your main category "Local Businesses: Local Business"? That's what I have as my "main" category at the very top of the page info.
Baby Beluga 09:06 AM 05-28-2015
Thank you all for your help!

I am doing this from my laptop - I tried both in Firefox and Chrome. Here is what I am seeing, I have to be doing something wrong, I'm just not sure what.

photo hosting sites

photo uploading
spinnymarie 10:53 AM 05-28-2015
So my main category - what you're looking at - says 'companies & organizations: education'
Then it has a space for the company name
then it says subcategories, where yours says topics - i assume that they change that to make sense, and that's where you can type in the things that show up on the main page.
HTH
Unregistered 11:36 AM 05-28-2015
Thank you all for your help!

I am doing this from my laptop - I tried both in Firefox and Chrome. Here is what I am seeing, I have to be doing something wrong, I'm just not sure what.

photo hosting sites

photo uploading
Yes, choose Local Business as your category. Then under that will say "Name" where you put the name of your daycare. Then right under that you should have "subcategories" this is where you can edit to type in daycare, child care, etc.
Baby Beluga 02:08 PM 05-28-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Yes, choose Local Business as your category. Then under that will say "Name" where you put the name of your daycare. Then right under that you should have "subcategories" this is where you can edit to type in daycare, child care, etc.
See that's the problem, mine doesn't have a place to type anything in. Just two drop down menus. This shouldn't be this confusing
284878 03:28 AM 05-29-2015
See that's the problem, mine doesn't have a place to type anything in. Just two drop down menus. This shouldn't be this confusing
Neither does mine. I use safari and firefox. I found "child care" and "daycare & preschool". But not daycare alone. I didnt want to be listed as a preschool.
Baby Beluga 08:41 AM 05-29-2015
Originally Posted by 284878:
Neither does mine. I use safari and firefox. I found "child care" and "daycare & preschool". But not daycare alone. I didnt want to be listed as a preschool.
This makes me feel a little better I don't even see a "childcare" option. Just "preschool" and "education"
284878 10:23 AM 05-30-2015
This makes me feel a little better I don't even see a "childcare" option. Just "preschool" and "education"
Click about then page info
Category choose "local business" for both
Sub category type "child care" and it should come up
if you type daycare you will get "daycare & preschool"

(this is using firefox for my FB page)

hope that helps
tehck_1013 04:33 PM 06-11-2015
Was waiting for an update, I guess only a few of us have the problem of there not being drop-down menus that show. I'm still stuck with local business, NO FAIR! I've tried from my phone internet on facebook.com, then tried the facebook app on phone. Tried both ways on my ipod. Tried using computer, tried using Mozilla. Ugh... first world problems hahaha
AmyKidsCo 06:58 PM 06-11-2015
Originally Posted by 284878:
Click about then page info
Category choose "local business" for both
Sub category type "child care" and it should come up
if you type daycare you will get "daycare & preschool"

(this is using firefox for my FB page)

hope that helps
I have the same issue. If I choose Local Business for both, then "Local Business" is what appears under my child care name, even when I have Child Care under Subcategory. I opted for Education instead of Local Business.
Tags:facebook, facebook page, marketing
Reply Up