Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do You Change DC Name?
Josiegirl 02:14 AM 02-16-2016
On another thread someone mentioned unique names and getting your name to the top of lists. My dc name just has my nickname followed by Daycare. Not unique. And it starts with R. IF I were to think of something brilliant (hahaha) what, where, and how would I go about changing all that?
Would it even be a good idea at this stage of the game since it's been R's daycare forever?
Thanks!!
mamamanda 05:32 AM 02-16-2016
If you are pretty well known by your current name, I don't think I would probably change it at this point. Only b/c I wouldn't want people to be confused about who I was or think my original daycare went out of business or anything like that. If you really want a new name you could probably make it work, but I'd think you'd need some pretty good advertising to go along with it. Just my thoughts.
thrivingchildcarecom 09:59 AM 02-16-2016
Its funny I was just talking to a friend of mine over the weekend. She said her friend has a daycare and someone had the great idea for her to use the city name followed by Daycare as her business name. Now whenever someone searches for child care in that city she comes up 1st. Brilliant idea!

But if you have been in business for this long and its working for you, try some other ways to move the top of the search engines before changing your name.
Ariana 10:06 AM 02-16-2016
I used to work in sales and the business owner said you should create a name based on what you are doing. So a figure skating company would call themselves Figure Eight. That way as soon as someone looks up figure skating their business comes up. Also businesses that start with the town you live in as mentioned is a good idea.

You could be Daycare by R for example.
Michael 12:35 PM 02-16-2016
Smartest name IMO is city/daycare

So if you lived in Miami, the best name would be Miami Daycare. If you could register MiamiDaycare.com, that would secure the name on a much larger marketing level. A lot of people will search city/daycare which would elevate your name in search results.
Josiegirl 02:27 PM 02-16-2016
Yes, that is a great idea to be found by way of searching on the internet! And as far as I know, I don't believe there is a center or dc with my town's name. Hmmmm
But I also wonder if what the other poster said about 'if it's working well for me at this point, why change' would be true.
I know if I were just starting out I'd definitely go with something very different, noticeable, catchy as a theme to build on.
I'm torn, not sure if it would work to my advantage to change.
Laurel 06:38 PM 02-16-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Yes, that is a great idea to be found by way of searching on the internet! And as far as I know, I don't believe there is a center or dc with my town's name. Hmmmm
But I also wonder if what the other poster said about 'if it's working well for me at this point, why change' would be true.
I know if I were just starting out I'd definitely go with something very different, noticeable, catchy as a theme to build on.
I'm torn, not sure if it would work to my advantage to change.
Well you could still keep your name and just call it R's Miami Daycare (to use Michael's example).

P.S. Not sure how search engines work. Would it have to start with the city name maybe so my suggestion wouldn't work?
Tags:daycare name, marketing
Reply Up