Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Closing Early Then Reopening?
284878 10:43 AM 10-22-2019
I announce that I was going to be closing early this Thursday via newsletter and calendar by sign in at the begin of the month. Then I sent a reminder this week.

Also in the newsletter, "REMINDER: The driveway is shared and the neighbor needs to be able to get out and in. Do not park in the driveway or at the end of it with out approval. Thank you"

This was after a day that I was closed and DCD's MIL drove to my house and waited in my neighbors (not my driveway) for the bus, until my DH realized what was going on and corrected her. (She got here early and passed the school on her way)

Anyways, DCD says today that his MIL or he will be picking up DCG on Thursday. Then they will be back after school to get DCB (SA). Wait what?

I am not sure if he thinks that I will be home to get dcb off the bus or he/mil will be sitting in my driveway when I get home with DD. (I have a meeting, then I was going to pick dd up.) I guess I could have opened back up after the meeting and meet the bus my self, I never thought about that. (although, I do not want too, I know selfish right?)

Next week, Halloween, I am closing at 4, again they have known for a while. DCD asked, if I could stay open until the bus arrives on, so he can pick them both up at the same time.

Totally caught off guard but did not agree to anything except I said I will have to let him know what time the bus comes as DH gets the kids off the bus not me.

So help me back out of this one.

DCD, Sorry for the misunderstanding but I will not be reopening on Thursday to get DCB off the bus. I suggest that you or MIL just pick him up from school. It is really easy to do and Your daughter will love being able to pick up brother plus it will most likely make your sons day as well.

Don't forget that Halloween is a mass pick up day at school, most parents grab their child after the class party and most of his classmates will be gone home early. Picking up early on party and field trip days does not count against attendance nor do the miss any educational time.

Oh and the bus arrives about 4:12, just in case you ever want to come and pick up early.

Provider

Should I add, Due to state rules and regs or after talking with my insurance company, I am unable to allow you to be on my property outside of business hours. Since the day care will be closed at that time, it is considered outside my business hours. (or something like that)
Blackcat31 11:07 AM 10-22-2019
DCD: ABC child care will be closed the afternoon of xxxx, 2019.

School aged children may not get off the bus at the child care during hours or on days in which the child care is closed. Parents must make alternate arrangements to retrieve their school aged children during these times.

If necessary add to the beginning that licensing or insurance does not allow ANY parent or child on your property if you are closed.
rosieteddy 11:45 AM 10-22-2019
Short and sweet. Blackcat has it .Enjoy an afternoon with your daughter stop somewhere and don't be home for the bus.I would send a notice to all parents reminding them about the bus.
CountryRoads 12:28 PM 10-22-2019
I agree with the other responses.

When you're closed, you're closed. It's not your problem.

Also, what is so hard about just picking the child up from school? Why do they have to go to your house to get her?
284878 06:51 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I agree with the other responses.

When you're closed, you're closed. It's not your problem.

Also, what is so hard about just picking the child up from school? Why do they have to go to your house to get him?

Good questions. Any other family with SA picked up at school but yet they pick up in my driveway. Blocking the end of the driveway with their car, so no one can get in.
Tags:closing - short notice, closing notice
Reply Up