Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Craigslist Reply
My Daycare 08:37 AM 10-15-2010
I received a CL Reply today. "Please call me as soon as possible." The # was an out of area area code. I assume this is a scam. I almost replied, "may I ask why," but maybe that is what they want. Has anyone had an email like this?
SilverSabre25 09:39 AM 10-15-2010
Hmm, depends on what the rest of the email is. out of area numbers are tricky...some people work in a different area or just for some reason have a cell number in a different area, or someone may work near you but live in a different area code. Do you recognize the area code?
Lilbutterflie 09:44 AM 10-15-2010
Or they could be like me, I moved out of state but I kept my old cell phone # b/c I didn't want to change it! So everyone is skeptical of my cell b/c it's not familiar to them!
Fro 09:58 AM 10-15-2010
Unless the e-mail said something else, or you know who its from, I am 99% sure its a scam. Who would send an e-mail like that to someone they didnt know? Even if its not a scam, I doubt I would want to do business with them anyway.
My Daycare 10:08 AM 10-15-2010
That's all the email said. It's not really the area code alone, but the lack of info and the area code. I also, have a somewhat out of area area code. maybe I'll try to look it up and see what I can find. Also, like Fro said "Even if its not a scam, I doubt I would want to do business with them anyway." I might just take that advice. You just never know though. I did answer an ad once that I thought might be a scam. there was a pic of the child on the ad and the background seemed strange. They mentioned that they were moving from out of state, and gave way too much info. I ended up watching that child for 10 months.
SilverSabre25 12:49 PM 10-15-2010
yeah...if there's nothing else then I'd just ignore it. That's too weird.
Tags:craigs list, scam, spam
Reply Up