Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Have Any Menus I Can Have
cherryhill 08:02 AM 02-17-2011
Anyone have a montly menu they want to share? I have been trying to get a menu for rotation for my dcp but I just haven't had the time to figure out 2 snacks and a lunch for two weeks let alone a month.

Thanks in advance
dEHmom 08:26 AM 02-17-2011
Me personally, I don't do a menu. Not even for my own family. I decide on a daily, or semi daily basis.

Today might be yogurt and fruit for snack, chicken and potatos for lunch, and then crackers and cheese for aft. snack. Depends what I feel like. I might decide after morning snack we are going to have quesadillas for lunch instead of the chicken.
daycare 08:34 AM 02-17-2011
i can email you one as I have in in a word doc..
Zoe 09:22 AM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
Me personally, I don't do a menu. Not even for my own family. I decide on a daily, or semi daily basis.

Today might be yogurt and fruit for snack, chicken and potatos for lunch, and then crackers and cheese for aft. snack. Depends what I feel like. I might decide after morning snack we are going to have quesadillas for lunch instead of the chicken.
Are you on the food program? If so, are you able to keep it varied like they require? I just started this food program thing and it's been difficult for me to plan ahead; I'm just like you with the "decide that day" thing.
DCMom 09:44 AM 02-17-2011
Do you use Minute Menu Kids? They have a large variety of pre-planned menus under their Meal Planning button. I use the Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer 20 week rotating menu. It sure takes the work out of meal planning and grocery shopping for the daycare.

If not, I will see if I still have the hard copy of it from when I first started with the food program. I could email you a copy.
heyhun77 10:10 AM 02-17-2011
I have a 3 week rotation on my website that I recently shared for a healthy meals class I was taking. Feel free to use any and all of it. I have recipe books that go with each week and I can email those to you.

http://www.freewebs.com/littleexplor...amplemenus.htm
Cat Herder 10:31 AM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by DCMom:
Do you use Minute Menu Kids? They have a large variety of pre-planned menus under their Meal Planning button. I use the Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer 20 week rotating menu. It sure takes the work out of meal planning and grocery shopping for the daycare.

If not, I will see if I still have the hard copy of it from when I first started with the food program. I could email you a copy.
Thanks for this!! I just figured this out...
SunflowerMama 10:33 AM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by heyhun77:
I have a 3 week rotation on my website that I recently shared for a healthy meals class I was taking. Feel free to use any and all of it. I have recipe books that go with each week and I can email those to you.

Those are some yummy looking menus!!
misol 10:49 AM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Maybe I got the wrong version? Mine just lets me pick one day at a time out of about 24 options; all from 2006 and 2007 ..."menu of the month".

I have to do each day individually and that is why I declined the food program again.... Even with the program, it is too much work..

Please tell me I just need to update or that I am doing it wrong? I am dissappointed with this part of my MMK program....

The menu planning options are different based on which version of MMK you have. One version you download to your save to your computer. The otehr version is the online version (the one that most food programs use). The only reason that I know this is because I have and use both versions. One version has preplanned meals/menus that you can choose and with the internet version you have to do each day individually as you described. Also, I think that the food programs sponsors are allowed to customize MMK to some degree.

DCMom, neither of mine have a Fall/Winter/Spring option on either version. So I am guessing that this might be one of the sponsor customizations I mentioned? That would be sweet because it probably includes all the foods that are in season. Jealous.
DCMomOf3 10:51 AM 02-17-2011
I can give you lunch menus but I don't plan snacks well.
cherryhill 11:33 AM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
I can give you lunch menus but I don't plan snacks well.
That would be great! Thanks
DCMom 11:34 AM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Maybe I got the wrong version? Mine just lets me pick one day at a time out of about 24 options; all from 2006 and 2007 ..."menu of the month".

I have to do each day individually and that is why I declined the food program again.... Even with the program, it is too much work..

Please tell me I just need to update or that I am doing it wrong? I am dissappointed with this part of my MMK program....

I would try checking for an updated version.

I have the version that you get from the food program. After signing in, click 'Meal Planner' on the front page. That takes you to the weekly menu that you fill in. Along the top, there is button called 'Meals' (on mine it is between the 'Reports' and 'Meal Counts' buttons. Click that and from that drop down menu, click 'Pre-planned Menus'; from there you can choose from a large variety of weekly menus. Click one to highlight, then click view meals if you want to just check them out.

You can put in the day you want them to start, then click 'Plan meals' and puts it right into your weekly menu starting on the day you chose.
cherryhill 11:36 AM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by DCMom:

I do use mm but it doesn't allow a month menu just daily options for reporting. I have the online version. I wish mine did it wouldmake menu planning alot easier.
DCMom 11:36 AM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by misol:
DCMom, neither of mine have a Fall/Winter/Spring option on either version. So I am guessing that this might be one of the sponsor customizations I mentioned? That would be sweet because it probably includes all the foods that are in season. Jealous.
Huh. That's funny that all the versions would be so different. You would think one that you pay for would have all the bells and whistles!
DCMomOf3 11:38 AM 02-17-2011
i don't exactly repeat each month so here are a few months of my lunch menu. I hope it helps

https://www.daycare.com/forum/attach...4&d=1297181090
Attached: MENU-Jan11.doc (38.5 KB) MENU-Dec10.doc (37.5 KB) MENU-Nov10.doc (37.0 KB) 
cherryhill 11:40 AM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by heyhun77:

Do you cook/bake or prep the night before? My kids probably wouldn't eat all those meals. They hardly eat what I give them unless it is snack. I think they eat alot of junkfood at home. A dcg I have completely stopped eating fruit she won't even touch it.
cherryhill 11:43 AM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by DCMomOf3:
i don't exactly repeat each month so here are a few months of my lunch menu. I hope it helps

https://www.daycare.com/forum/attach...4&d=1297181090
When do you have time to make all these great thing? My kids would fight if I left them alone. The don't even sit on the couch without fighting. They are young. Are your kids good eaters?
DCMomOf3 11:50 AM 02-17-2011
I prep what I can before the day starts and at snack time then do the rest while they are doing things in their boosters the table. My ages are 1/2-2, 3, 4. I have coloring/playdoh/stations that I rotate while I'm prepping and cooking. If it has to bake a while, I put it in the oven and let it cook while we are playing in free time.
Tags:daily menu, menus
Reply Up