Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need Help Wording...
dEHmom 01:22 PM 03-04-2011
Ok, I know this sounds silly, but here I go...

I've decided that since all of my parents have located me online, that means they have internet access.

Now that I have the website up and running, I have decided as a way to keep parents checking back on the website, and being familiar with it, as well as

-cost
-convenience
-environmental reasons

I have decided to no longer print my hand book. Unfortunately I have a printer that is brand new, but drinks the ink like nothing (and i've done the adjustments to save the colors on it, I am computer literate). So I went and bought a $35 replacement cartridge, printed 2 handbooks and the forms, and it's empty!!!

SOOOO.... I am choosing not to print them any longer. But have decided to do this...

I am going to print off 1 copy a year. I will have it laminated or just put it in the sleeve to protect it. I will package it up nicely for presentation on interviews. I would expect p.c.'s will have reviewed this online either before or after the interview, and if they do not have access to the internet I will loan out my handbook with a $10 deposit which is 100% refundable when returned. Or they can just sit in the kitchen and read it at their will.

does this sound fair? and how can I word this appropriately without sounding b****y????
nannyde 01:26 PM 03-04-2011
My policies are online. I do not offer printed versions.
dEHmom 01:26 PM 03-04-2011
For convenience, environmental and cost related reasons, I have opted to direct parents to the link above. I will maintain a personal copy so those without internet access will be able to review at any time. There will be a $10 deposit placed if you decide you would like or need to review this outside of my home, and it will be refunded in full once it is returned.

that is what i posted on the website underneath it. does that sound ok???
dEHmom 01:27 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
My policies are online. I do not offer printed versions.
yeah, i mean i wanted to have it available so they can review it, but no one is going to sit here and read it for 10 minutes at an interview! And I'm sick of printing them and handing them out, and never seeing them again.
nannyde 01:28 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
For convenience, environmental and cost related reasons, I have opted to direct parents to. I will maintain a personal copy so those without internet access will be able to review at any time. There will be a $10 deposit placed if you decide you would like or need to review this outside of my home, and it will be refunded in full once it is returned.

that is what i posted on the website underneath it. does that sound ok???
You can write that but I just tell them:

My policies are on the website. Read em
dEHmom 01:31 PM 03-04-2011
you're so wise nanny! lol.

i also really debated on putting a link to a pdf file for it, or just posting them on the website. I opted to the pdf file link because i want them to take the time time skimming it. And it's so long, but I think I might just post a page of all the policies soon.
daycare 02:16 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
you're so wise nanny! lol.

i also really debated on putting a link to a pdf file for it, or just posting them on the website. I opted to the pdf file link because i want them to take the time time skimming it. And it's so long, but I think I might just post a page of all the policies soon.
so will you just print out the contract and then state in the contract that they have read your PHB and agree to follow all rules pretaining to it??
dEHmom 02:38 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
so will you just print out the contract and then state in the contract that they have read your PHB and agree to follow all rules pretaining to it??
I print out a copy of the phb form for them to sign and keep. then on my deposit/registration form the same phb form is there so I get an identical signed copy. Really they don't need a copy showing them that they read the phb, but it is just a reminder to them that I DO have their signature saying they read it.

my contract is the phb. Then I just have a registration form, deposit/phb form.
Tags:handbook, internet, online, policies, website
Reply Up