Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>NannyDe Was In My Head Talking To Me!
Michelle 06:44 PM 06-11-2011

It's o.k. theres lots of room in there!
Seriously though , I was at the store doing my grocery shopping today and I kept remembering all the good food advise she has shared. Also that movie Food Inc.
I actually bought Organic Ranchers ground beef instead of my usual HUGE pack of !5% that I used to buy ( I used to think this was good because it was better than 30 %.)
I bought all FRESH organic fruit and veggies, not frozen.
I bought absolutely nothing from a box or package and I spent $100 less than I usually do.
I did buy yogurt in little cartons but I don't know how to make it homemade.
Oh, AND I bought a bunch of lemons so I can squeeze it in the water that mean Michelle is now making them drink!
I'm so happy and so is my wallet!
littlemissmuffet 10:33 PM 06-11-2011
That's great!

As far as yogurt goes, the individual serving size containers are much more costly than buying the larger tubs and portioning it yourself. I also caution that yogurt has loads of sugar.... try to find those with low sugar or no sugar content!
Michelle 10:56 PM 06-11-2011
o.k. thanx
PitterPatter 10:56 PM 06-11-2011
I hear her often when trying to recall advise from everyone here. I have gotten great advise from quite a few people here and I thank u all! I just dont always recall who says what but for some reason Nans sticks out!
Michelle 11:01 PM 06-11-2011
she recommended a movie called food inc. and I watched it.
It was really good, also Jamie Olliver Food revolution is good.
The food industry really can trick you.
Michael 01:51 AM 06-12-2011
That's great. Eat live food. Once cooked or frozen it changes.
PeanutsGalore 08:17 PM 06-12-2011
Good for you Michelle! If the kids like lemonade, you can zest part of the lemon you are squeezing in their water and drop a bit into the jug. The zest is what tastes like "lemon", so they might not think you're so mean that way; it really does taste like lemonade. No extra calories; lots of extra flavor; still counts as water.

Wrap it in some cheesecloth or something though, so you don't have zest floating about in the water, which will make them ask..."what's that?!"
SunflowerMama 05:31 AM 06-13-2011
That's awesome!! You'll feel so great about feeding them so well! Yay!
nannyde 06:45 AM 06-13-2011
You get on with your good food self.

I'm writing a blog about my first year of switching to organics. I'll put it up when I get back from my break.
Michelle 06:48 AM 06-13-2011
Originally Posted by PeanutsGalore:
Good for you Michelle! If the kids like lemonade, you can zest part of the lemon you are squeezing in their water and drop a bit into the jug. The zest is what tastes like "lemon", so they might not think you're so mean that way; it really does taste like lemonade. No extra calories; lots of extra flavor; still counts as water.

Wrap it in some cheesecloth or something though, so you don't have zest floating about in the water, which will make them ask..."what's that?!"
wow I didn't know that about the zest!
Tags:organic food
Reply Up