Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can I Let Them Go?
Unregistered 06:36 AM 08-11-2011
I have a 1yo signed on for p/t care starting Oct 1. I took them on for financial reasons.

My DH got an unexpected but very nice promotion at work. A very nice raise too. I can afford to NOT take them on now.

At the same time I feel badly that they will have to search again for care. Basically I'm looking for justification for ending this relationship before it starts so that I can feel OK about myself. I'm not looking forward to dealing with a p/t 1yo if I don't have to though, kwim?

WWYD?
meganlavonnesmommy 07:43 AM 08-11-2011
I wouldnt feel bad at all. If you tell them now they have plenty of time to search for a new provider. You need to do what is best for you and your family.
wdmmom 07:46 AM 08-11-2011
Just tell them that you are have made the decision that part time is not something that you are going to continue with starting the first of the year and rather than starting and coming for 3 months, you wanted to provide them with ample time to find a provider that can offer the services their family needs.
cheerfuldom 08:21 AM 08-11-2011
I would be honest and say that after further thought, you have decided not to take part timers after all and they still have plenty of time to find a new caregiver.
KBCsMommy 09:03 AM 08-11-2011
Definately what the others are saying!
You could also give some numbers of other providers with openings too, just to ease your guilt knowing youve done all you can to help them!!
TBird 09:03 AM 08-11-2011
Happens all the time!!! And October 1st??? That's plenty of time to find alternate care.
renodeb 09:40 AM 08-11-2011
ITA with the others, pt for a baby is hard. You should not feel guily at all. You need to do what is best for you! Good luck!
Tags:part time, part time care, part time family, part time help, provider - burnout risk
Reply Up