Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With Ideas For Vendor Spot This Weekend!
beachgrl 01:51 PM 10-11-2011
Hey all, I had an opportunity about a month ago to do a vendor spot at a car show festival type event in my town for a few hours in the afternoon and I didn't do it because I wasn't sure about doing it with just doing it to advertise for my child care business and it was on the other side of our town which I have parents call me from but that dont want to drive 5-10 min out of their way for so this one is on my side of town at the town hall/park by our local library area and it is a craft fair but also open to businesses and its only $35 for all day spot so with the weather supposed to be being nice I thought why not give it a shot to get my name and business out there...if I could get one kid from it, it would be worth it because I am still only two kiddos although one of my drop ins went to full time so I will have consistent money there at least!

So...I wanted to make up some brochures to get printed out about my child care and all as well as having my business cards on hand. I figured I could wear my business thshirt and hang or display one of my signs at the table. What else can I do that isn't too pricey for people who stop for info? I thought I could go to dollar tree and get some candy to do a candy basket for the kids although I have no idea how much to get for an all day event..looking for some creative but cheap ideas for things you guys have done or would do for something like this with just a few days to plan for it.
Should I do a poster board and decorate it with info or just the brochures and candy?

Michelle 02:29 PM 10-11-2011
I would get some very inexpensive but nice crafts and to do with the families that come by, defiantly do a poster board and have your current parents write some neat things about you on some colorful cards... put some nice pictures of your home, inside and outside, maybe go with home made oatmeal cookies to emphasize health and any ,degrees, certificates, or training you have, display that too, also your schedule, and fun places you take them.
godiva83 02:37 PM 10-11-2011
I agree, take some pictures, get the parents to write some nice refrences about you, and I love the idea about putting together little crafts for the kids to take home. You can do some cut outs, add some decorations and put it in a ziploc. Maybe, you can make and easy game that the kids can participate in and have little dollar store prizes and a 'free day of care' for example a Balloon popping game. Good Luck
beachgrl 03:25 PM 10-11-2011
Those are some great ideas, I am hoping to get time this week to get my stuff together and make it look nice as well as having something to involve the kids, I was thinking of doing a game of some sort so that is a good idea for the free child care time too!
MyAngels 03:38 PM 10-11-2011
Maybe do a "show special" card - maybe 10% off your second month of care, but only if you present the card from the show.
daycare 03:49 PM 10-11-2011
I did one years ago when I was living in sothern cali.

I did a wheel (looked like the wheel of fortune) that the kids or parents would spin. On the wheel were different items they could win. here are the items they could win.

Largest possible win, won a candy (let the child choose from the bucket)

the seceond possible large winner was a pencil that I had made with my busines name on it.

third was a snap bracelet again with company logo and a pencil

as the slots got smaller on the wheel, I made the prizes better and larger.

The most I gave away was a month of free day care. Which 8 families won, but none of them signed with me....lol
Michelle 03:50 PM 10-11-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Maybe do a "show special" card - maybe 10% off your second month of care, but only if you present the card from the show.
that's a really good idea!
Maybe even advertise an open house, so that they can come see your home with out the pressure of an interview but at the same time if a lot of people come, they will also feel compelled to sign up if you only have a few spots.
An open house can be on the following Sat. and you can have all your best toys/activities out and serve coffee/tea and cookies for the parents. Then make simple cupcakes ahead of time and have the kids "decorate" their own.
sharlan 04:11 PM 10-11-2011
A local provider had an open house a few weeks ago. I should've stopped by, but didn't.

Our city is having a business expo on the 22th. I wanted to participate, but it's the same day as my granddaughter's bd party. I can't do both.

I like the idea of flyers, business cards (free at Vista Print), a cheap craft for the kids, a healthy snack.

For a cheap craft, I bought some of the dot a dot books, printed off copies onto card stock. Let the kids paint a picture. Make sure to have your business name and phone number on it.
beachgrl 06:24 PM 10-11-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I like this, was thinking of doing some type of incentive and I can include it on my flyers/handouts!
beachgrl 06:29 PM 10-11-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
A local provider had an open house a few weeks ago. I should've stopped by, but didn't.

Our city is having a business expo on the 22th. I wanted to participate, but it's the same day as my granddaughter's bd party. I can't do both.

I like the idea of flyers, business cards (free at Vista Print), a cheap craft for the kids, a healthy snack.

For a cheap craft, I bought some of the dot a dot books, printed off copies onto card stock. Let the kids paint a picture. Make sure to have your business name and phone number on it.
I thought of maybe letting them do a fall picture doing leaf rubbings with crayons and I could just use blank paper already printed with my info on it at the top or bottom, seemed simple enough and cheap but also goes along with the fall craft fair idea
Tags:advertising, marketing
Reply Up