Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default DCD And Sickness

so I too had a dcd complain about sickness. Mom told me that if she becomes out of control then to call dad, she gave me his number. This child too has been sick sick for months. Two weeks ago, on tues she became so hysterical that I couldn't deal with her (oh she is 1) she was laying on my tile floor screaming for 2.5 hours. I couldn't deal with her anymore. my sister was here so she saw what was going on. I called dad to come and get her, she is screaming in the background and it takes him 45min to get here. He comes and she is still crying and is now refusing to go to him, she is clinging to me.

I tell him that I think its her ears (she has so much wax in them I'm surprise she can hear) but something is def. not right with her.

Last week was her birthday party, the dad went around telling people that I called him for no reason that nothing was wrong with her, that I call them too much blah blah blah. I'm so angry, I just want to yell at him and tell him what a crappy father he is, that his daughter doesn't even want to go home with him that leaving her in her filthy diaper till mom comes home is wrong and calling her a brat is so wrong. I don't send home for no reasons, but when can't participate at all and cry for 2.5 hours straight then there is something wrong. Oh I'm waiting for them to give back my contract. I'll see what they say.

Last edited by Michael; 03-02-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrymom View Post
so I too had a dcd complain about sickness. Mom told me that if she becomes out of control then to call dad, she gave me his number. This child too has been sick sick for months. Two weeks ago, on tues she became so hysterical that I couldn't deal with her (oh she is 1) she was laying on my tile floor screaming for 2.5 hours. I couldn't deal with her anymore. my sister was her so she saw what was going on. so I call dad to come and get her, she is screaming in the background and it takes him 45min to get here. So he comes and she is still crying and is now refusing to go to him, she is clinging to me.

so I tell him that I think its her ears (she has so much wax in them I'm surprise she can hear) but something is def. not right with her.

so last week was her birthday party, the dad went around telling people that I called him for no reason that nothing was wrong with her, that I call them too much blah blah blah. I'm so angry, I jsut want to yell at him and tell him what a crappy father he is, that his daughter doesn't even want to go home with him that leaving her in her filthy diaper till mom comes home is wrong and calling her a brat is so wrong. I don't send home for no reasons, but when can't participate at all and cry for 2.5 hours straight then there is something wrong. Oh I'm waiting for them to give back my contract. I'll see what they say.
First, I would not tend a child without having the signed contract in my possession first.

Secondly...I would term. I would tell him that as he's not satisfied with your care, he needs to go elsewhere.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Daycare.com Member

Wow!! You win

I was talking on the phone to my mom about my situation today and she said that the more people she meets the more she thinks people just arent normal. Ive been thinking about that sincevahe said it and I honestly think that maybe that is the new normal and we are just the abnormal ones now. If that makes sense?

I was raised to be kind, have compassion, and care for my family above all else. I have said it before and I will say it again: If my child was in daycare and I was working outside of the home, first of all I would do my BEST to make myself available to the provider at all times if anything were to go wrong and if I wasnt available that provider would have many different contacts to call for ANY reason. Secondly, if I got a phone call saying my child was sick and needed to be picked up it would take an s act od God to keep me from him. I could care less if my boss said no or I was in the middle of something.

Sorry for going off on the tangent. I have just been so upset about this stuff. Oh and if someone was talking like that behind my back I think I would term. How disrespectful
Old 03-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Trix are for kids

All I know is when my older child was in my mom's care (and I was working), I used to hope for the day my daughter was sick, someone in my mom's house was sick, or my dd was acting out of sorts. I would literally run (or drive) to my mom's house to pick her up at the drop of a hat because I missed her so much and wanted to spend every waking (and sleeping) moment with her. I guess you could say that's why I quit and work at home now . To each their own though
Old 03-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

It sounds to me like this dad is the whiny brat!! He's throwing a tantrum because he had to take care of his daughter plain and simple. I wouldn't term, I would just carry on doing what I'm doing and let him be an idiot. Kill him with kindness Chances are EVERYONE at that party already knows he's an idiot! If there is one ting I've learned in my life it's that if you think someone is a moron you aren't the only one.

That poor child needs people like you to take care of her. You might be the only resource she has and I wouldn't let the dad ruin that for her....I have a feeling he's going to have her whole life to screw her up poor thing
Old 03-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
It sounds to me like this dad is the whiny brat!! He's throwing a tantrum because he had to take care of his daughter plain and simple. I wouldn't term, I would just carry on doing what I'm doing and let him be an idiot. Kill him with kindness Chances are EVERYONE at that party already knows he's an idiot! If there is one ting I've learned in my life it's that if you think someone is a moron you aren't the only one.

That poor child needs people like you to take care of her. You might be the only resource she has and I wouldn't let the dad ruin that for her....I have a feeling he's going to have her whole life to screw her up poor thing
I won't term her, and yup everyone already knows that dad is an idiot. This dad brags about how he doesn't do anything with his dd. I really think that he didn't want to have any kids, and I really think he resents her. It just makes me mad that he would go around telling people this, makes me seem like a whiner (but luckily my sis was her so she saw)

Tags
bad parent, parents - accusing, parents - are clueless