Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Suspicious Response To My CL Ad Or No??
SunshineMama 11:15 AM 04-11-2012
I am trying to get another dck so I can term my perpetually ill dcb. This was a response to my ad on CL today..... For some reason it doesn't feel right. What do you all think???

Hi,

My name is *****. I need childcare for my 2 years old son for full time, 7:00am-6:00pm.
I will provide diapers, wipes, breakfast, lunch and snack. Please give me a call to set up a time, ###-###-####.

Thank you,
sharlan 11:19 AM 04-11-2012
Is it a local phone #?
MarinaVanessa 11:26 AM 04-11-2012
If it's a local phone number (even if it's out of your county) then I would call to give it a try. Usually SPAMMERS and SCAMMERS only want to contact you through email, not by phone. When you talk to the person tell them that you only accept cash or personal US checks as payments. If it's a SCAM you'll never hear from them again
DaisyMamma 11:26 AM 04-11-2012
Just call and see what they say. I find that people don't change their phone numbers when they move from out of state and many of my current parents have out of state area codes.

I would only worry if they want to get your information in order to send you a check and pay in advance.

But the grammar could be a tip off though, 2 years old boy.
MarinaVanessa 11:27 AM 04-11-2012
Originally Posted by lymemomma:

But the grammar could be a tip off though, 2 years old boy.
Yes either that or it's a man.

I've had a client where I though it was a scam because of the grammer in his email. Turns out that it was all good. He's still a good client now.
Crazy8 11:35 AM 04-11-2012
I might be missing something but I don't see anything suspicious about the email - they are just asking you to call them. Only thing for me is I won't do 7am-6pm, so I would just email back that I do not provide care that late.

I usually do a little googling before responding to emails - the email address, the name they gave, the phone number, etc. You can sometimes piece things together a little with all the info that is out there on the internet!
SunshineMama 01:22 PM 04-11-2012
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I might be missing something but I don't see anything suspicious about the email - they are just asking you to call them. Only thing for me is I won't do 7am-6pm, so I would just email back that I do not provide care that late.

I usually do a little googling before responding to emails - the email address, the name they gave, the phone number, etc. You can sometimes piece things together a little with all the info that is out there on the internet!
Maybe I am feeling this way because the last time I got an email like that it was a scam. The grammer was off. It also seems strange because the title has !!!! in the subject line (Childcare Needed!!!) and they were very proactive about what they want to bring- almost like a "too good to be true" kind of thing. I dunno... my "feelers" are sensing trouble.
familyschoolcare 09:27 PM 04-11-2012
Send an E-mail response asking a very specific question then based on the response you should have a better idea.
safechner 03:45 PM 04-12-2012
I don't think it is scam but something fishy about this email. She mentioned she will provide diapers, wipes, breakfast, lunch, and snack. It sounds like she wants cheap to pay child care.
AllDeezBabies 04:13 PM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by SunshineMama:
I am trying to get another dck so I can term my perpetually ill dcb. This was a response to my ad on CL today..... For some reason it doesn't feel right. What do you all think???

Hi,

My name is *****. I need childcare for my 2 years old son for full time, 7:00am-6:00pm.
I will provide diapers, wipes, breakfast, lunch and snack. Please give me a call to set up a time, ###-###-####.

Thank you,
I receive these responses all the time from my CL ads. They turn out to be spammer/scammers. When I reply to the email asking if there are specific days they need care, they don't directly answer the question and pretty much repeat the same blurb.
Tags:craigs list, scam
Reply Up