Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Whats in a Name??
Fruitloops1 12:10 PM 05-11-2012
So, I am coming SO close to being licesned, things are moving forward so smoothly!
I thought I decided on a name but now that things are so close I am not sure. When you hear/see Auntie's House Play & Learn Home Daycare What do you think? I get mixed reviews about it, I like it for the post part but with things quickly approaching I am like .
I want a name that oooozes happiness, love and learning.
Opinions?
cheerfuldom 12:19 PM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by Azra11:
So, I am coming SO close to being licesned, things are moving forward so smoothly!
I thought I decided on a name but now that things are so close I am not sure. When you hear/see Auntie's House Play & Learn Home Daycare What do you think? I get mixed reviews about it, I like it for the post part but with things quickly approaching I am like .
I want a name that oooozes happiness, love and learning.
Opinions?
I agree that it is not quite right.....

maybe some tweaking like Aunties Playhouse, "a place of love and learning"
Michael 12:19 PM 05-11-2012
In marketing, a name or brand is everything. I would keep it short, also consider having a domain name that is shorter. AuntiesLearningHouse.com is much easier to say and market then AuntiesHousePlayAndLearnHomeDaycare.com
permanentvacation 12:31 PM 05-11-2012
I think it's long. As a technical name of the business, I like it. It's informative - you want to have your clients feel comfy enough with you to consider you an Auntie and your kids will will have fun playing but you offer an educational program as well. However, it is long. If I were a client and having a conversation with someone about where my child goes to daycare, I'd probably shorten it. It's much easier to say in conversation, " My daughter goes to Smiling Kids Daycare rather than Ms. Jones' Smile and Learn Daycare.

Also, it's alot of space just for the words of your company's name to put on a business card or sign. Whereas if your name was shorter, you could use the space to describe things you offer. I like business names that are short, to the point, easy to remember and quick to say in conversations where I might be telling my friend about where I shop or take my child do daycare.
Fruitloops1 03:56 PM 05-11-2012
OHHH, thanks for the pointers! Much appreciated!
Fruitloops1 04:37 PM 05-11-2012
Now I am thinking about incorporating where I live:West Town.
West Town Playschool?
If I operate a home daycare, can I call it a learning center? or a School?
Like West Town Learning Center?
DaisyMamma 04:45 PM 05-11-2012
I like West Town Playschool. It sounds fun, educational and official.
Michael 04:48 PM 05-11-2012
Now I am thinking about incorporating where I live:West Town.
West Town Playschool?
If I operate a home daycare, can I call it a learning center? or a School?
Like West Town Learning Center?
I believe you can call it whatever you want as long as it is not misleading. West Town Learning Center is fine even if you are a family daycare.
Fruitloops1 05:14 PM 05-11-2012

I truly appreciate the help from everyone!
Kim 05:28 PM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by Michael:
I believe you can call it whatever you want as long as it is not misleading. West Town Learning Center is fine even if you are a family daycare.
I agree with the misleading part but I would check with licensing/your state dept of education first. I'm in Maryland and we can't use certain words or combinations of words without meeting certain criteria. For instance, unless you are certified as a preschool by the state you can't use the word "preschool" in your business name. You also can't use words like "school" or the term "center" if you are a running a family child care in your home. Only large family child care homes and actual centers may use the term "center" because they must adhere to licensing requirements specific to centers. Licensed family child care providers have a different set of licensing requirements. Not trying to sound like a know it all- just trying to spare you a bit if your state is strict. Take it from someone that learned the hard way after registering a business name with the word preschool in it then was told by licensing I couldn't use it.
Michael 05:31 PM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by Kim:
I agree with the misleading part but I would check with licensing/your state dept of education first. I'm in Maryland and we can't use certain words or combinations of words without meeting certain criteria. For instance, unless you are certified as a preschool by the state you can't use the word "preschool" in your business name. You also can't use words like "school" or the term "center" if you are a running a family child care in your home. Only large family child care homes and actual centers may use the term "center" because they must adhere to licensing requirements specific to centers. Licensed family child care providers have a different set of licensing requirements. Not trying to sound like a know it all- just trying to spare you a bit if your state is strict. Take it from someone that learned the hard way after registering a business name with the word preschool in it then was told by licensing I couldn't use it.
I get what you are saying. She used West Town Learning Center which is different then West Town Daycare Center or West Town Prechool. A Learning Center could be anything. A simple review of your state's standards will either make note of it or not.
Fruitloops1 08:39 AM 05-23-2012
I decided on West Town Daycare! Purchased a domain from godaddy for three years and westtowndaycare.com was available!
wooo hooo! Now I have a friend helping me out with a logo and website! I am SO excited!!!!
Michael 01:06 PM 05-23-2012
I decided on West Town Daycare! Purchased a domain from godaddy for three years and westtowndaycare.com was available!
wooo hooo! Now I have a friend helping me out with a logo and website! I am SO excited!!!!
Congratulations. You just bought your first home on the Internet and you even use Daycare.com in you name.
Fruitloops1 02:04 PM 05-24-2012
How do I use daycare.com?
Michael 02:06 PM 05-24-2012
I'm joking with you

WestTown Daycare.com
Fruitloops1 08:06 PM 05-24-2012
OHH! Duh!

DaisyMamma 07:33 AM 05-25-2012
Good choice! Like I said, I use the town in my name as well, it makes it sound official!
Michael 11:06 AM 05-25-2012
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
Good choice! Like I said, I use the town in my name as well, it makes it sound official!
Actually having the town in your name will also get you great search results. If someone were searching for daycare in WestTown, their search would be "westtown daycare". The fact that your name has the search words will give it higher search relevance. Good choice.
Tags:business name, marketing
Reply Up