Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question for those with Employees
Sprouts 09:34 PM 08-22-2012
I am curious to know what other providers/employers here do regarding their staff and maintaining a positive environment.

Do you evaluate your staff? Do you use forms for this?
DO you have formal training for them?
Do you pay for their training or have them pay?
Do you use any special agency for background check?

anything else you can think of would be helpful.

I currently have one employee but lately she has become unreliable...our communication is okay, but def. needs improvement. I will be hiring another person and want to start everything off on the right foot. Thanks again all
Sprouts 06:20 PM 08-23-2012
? anyone?

????????????
Abigail 11:28 PM 05-20-2014
Did you get answers in a different thread or should I add to your thread? I'm expanding and searching for more information as well.
Play Care 03:33 AM 05-21-2014
Originally Posted by Sprouts:
I am curious to know what other providers/employers here do regarding their staff and maintaining a positive environment.

Do you evaluate your staff? Do you use forms for this?
DO you have formal training for them?
Do you pay for their training or have them pay?
Do you use any special agency for background check?

anything else you can think of would be helpful.

I currently have one employee but lately she has become unreliable...our communication is okay, but def. needs improvement. I will be hiring another person and want to start everything off on the right foot. Thanks again all
The biggest thing I did was raise the hourly wage. I pay very well and stress during the interview what I expect (being on time for the shift, not calling out, and working hard through the shift) my one assistant basically runs the show when she is here but it's her third year with me. I haven't don't an eval, I haven't felt the need. I've joked with DH that I'd marry her if I could
Per my state she has a background check, medical clearance, and refencences. She needs only CPR/First Aid. She has a BA and is a former Kindegarten teacher, so she "gets" it, KWIM?
I would said that this is the first year we've become more "friendly" I learned my lesson with my first assistant
In my case the position is PT (three hours a day a few mornings a week) so there is no reason for someone to be late, be lazy, etc.
Tags:employees
Reply Up