Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Facebook for your business
Yes-I would do one for my business 10 83.33%
No-I would not do one for my business 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Facebook For Just Your Business
Country Kids 01:57 PM 09-10-2012
There has been several threads on here about websites/facebooks. I know many of you, including myself do not like facebook. I have been kicking around the idea though of one for my business as I think it would be a wonderful way to get out there what I have to offer and what I put into my business. I would in no way though put any of the children on there.

So, for those who really don't like facebook would you do one for your business or not.
Country Kids 02:06 PM 09-10-2012
Well, mmmmm, I don't know if I want to do this or not now. I'm not really sure how facebook works but I do have some that I have booked marked that are public. I just went into some that have to do with childcare, my hometown one, and it really wierd. You can read nothing on them now! Its just shows you the title page but no posts, nothing. A few were from providers on here and now nothing.

I really don't want to have to friend every single person that wants to see my childcare!
Country Kids 02:38 PM 09-10-2012
Any thoughts on this?

Just bumping back up-
daycare 02:42 PM 09-10-2012
i don't do anything via facebook.....just because it's me and who I am...

But I know that it's free to create and you could make it work for you then do it.
spud912 02:49 PM 09-10-2012
I have a blog on my website that is private for my parents to view pictures. However, I have noticed that only 1 parent checks it, so I have considered getting a Facebook page. The main problem I would have is that I am worried that I would not update it for months on end and it would be a waste. Plus, not everyone uses Facebook.
Country Kids 02:53 PM 09-10-2012
See I'm thinking of mainly using it as advertisement and for the parents that use FB, they could check it.

Just not sure if I want another thing on my to do list-
HappyHearts 03:16 PM 09-10-2012
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
See I'm thinking of mainly using it as advertisement and for the parents that use FB, they could check it.
This is what I wanted to do, and just did, this past weekend. My only problem is I kept it as a personal page, so people do have to friend me to comment, but I keep my posts' public so anyone can see them. I won't post any of the children's photos, just maybe their hands or arms in the middle of a craft or some art or activity.

I wanted to make it a public page where anyone could like it, however by doing it that way, I didn't want to chance a past daycare parent that I may have terminated find my page and post a *not so nice* comment about me. (I would hope that wouldn't happen, but you never know) So I chose to make it a personal page, and by keeping my post public with anyone able to see them, if they are not friends they can't comment. Unfortunately this way probably isn't going to get my name out there as well as I originally intended.
nanglgrl 03:18 PM 09-10-2012
You could start a Facebook group page and then only allow members (clients) to see it and then have another page for public viewing that has no identifying information or photos including children. My parents sign a release allowing me to post public photos on Facebook of their children. They love to see photos of their children at "work" and I've found it to be a great way to communicate with my clientele (usually 20-30 year olds). None of them have ever expressed a fear of having their child's photo on Facebook, and in fact love that grandparents and other relatives are also able to look and see what their child is doing. I'm not sure if the fear is that a child abductor would see the child's photo and through a web search be able to obtain the address of the daycare and then plan a kidnapping or ? Because I would imagine children have more chance of being abducted at the grocery store or other public places than at daycare.
momofsix 04:22 PM 09-10-2012
Sorry I'm no help. Mine is private, for parents only,not for publicity at all.
Tags:facebook, ll, marketing, poll
Reply Up