Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Worst Time To Find New Clients?
EchoMom 03:49 PM 11-20-2012
Is it just me or is this the absolute worst time to try to sign up new kids? I just happen to have the first big turnover of my daycare business. A couple kids are all leaving at the same time right about now (moms all pregnant and delivering and moving homes at the same time).

Now I'm trying to fill spots as soon as possible because I can't afford much lost income time between. But this is horrible to try to fill spots during the holidays!
daycare 03:50 PM 11-20-2012
Originally Posted by glenechogirl:
Is it just me or is this the absolute worst time to try to sign up new kids? I just happen to have the first big turnover of my daycare business. A couple kids are all leaving at the same time right about now (moms all pregnant and delivering and moving homes at the same time).

Now I'm trying to fill spots as soon as possible because I can't afford much lost income time between. But this is horrible to try to fill spots during the holidays!
I find that the holiday are always slow.....it usually picks up at the first of the new year or after the holidays. Last year I enrolled 4 new kids at the start of the year.
crazydaycarelady 04:10 PM 11-20-2012
I think this is a bad time of year. If someone is thinking of starting a new daycare they will just wait until the holidays are over. If people are on maternity leave they'll extend it to get through the holidays.
Lyss 04:41 PM 11-20-2012
I think it's a bad time! I'm in the same boat too! I need to fill a FT and PT spot now but no leads

When I worked in property management we hated this time of year as it was the slowest time of the year. I'm finding its the same in this industry as well
SilverSabre25 08:15 PM 11-20-2012
I was just advertising to fill 3 spots a few weeks ago and got TONS of interest--more than I have in months. Got two new kids out of it. I'm waiting to fill that last spot for at least two more weeks though...too chaotic transitioning the 2 new ones in atm.
LaLa1923 06:58 AM 11-21-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I was just advertising to fill 3 spots a few weeks ago and got TONS of interest--more than I have in months. Got two new kids out of it. I'm waiting to fill that last spot for at least two more weeks though...too chaotic transitioning the 2 new ones in atm.
where are you advertising ?
littlemissmuffet 07:07 AM 11-21-2012
I was curious about this and looked through my files from the last few years and eight of my last ten families started September - December on any given year!
SilverSabre25 07:17 AM 11-21-2012
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
where are you advertising ?
craigslist, facebook, a local parenting forum
cheerfuldom 08:38 AM 11-21-2012
late summer and around the new year are the best times I think....then next would be late spring
Tags:marketing, new clients
Reply Up