Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Indoor gardening?
Pepperth 05:44 AM 03-12-2015
I'm curious if anybody here has ever purchased an aerogarden or some other similar table-top hydroponic garden for the daycare. I'm getting a bit sick of winter and around here you can't really plant anything outside until end of May. I was thinking it might be neat to watch something grow inside. (I've been considering getting one every March for several years, even before opening the daycare...usually when I get the winter-blahs and when I get tired of buying lettuce that wilts within a couple days.)
Rockgirl 06:13 AM 03-12-2015
I think it's a great idea! We have started seeds in the playroom in the past--I set them on a low table by the window. The kids enjoyed watching them sprout and grow. My current group would dump them, but maybe next year they can handle it.
LysesKids 06:56 AM 03-12-2015
I always start my seedlings indoor, then take the veg outside when it's time (my herbs stay indoors); last year the babies "helped" start and then plant 6 native ferns - we put them in window boxes that ended up on the deck where they play. The oldest love to help water.
Pepperth 08:18 AM 03-12-2015
I think the 18 month old DCB is anxious for summer too. He's been looking at the seed catalog for like 10 minutes:-)
Baby Beluga 08:28 AM 03-12-2015
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
I think the 18 month old DCB is anxious for summer too. He's been looking at the seed catalog for like 10 minutes:-)
Awwww

We will be planting veggies next week. I have never tried container gardening here, so fingers crossed all goes well. The one time I did have a basil plant inside I got all kinds of gnats flying around
Reply Up