Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Preparing Infants for Daycare
Second Home 07:07 AM 12-12-2016
I believe I had read on here before that someone has a list / sheet for parents about things their infant must be able to do before starting care . Would someone be willing to share their list with me ?

I have a sibling who is supposed to begin in January and would like to make sure that I have not forgotten anything .
Blackcat31 08:02 AM 12-12-2016
Originally Posted by Second Home:
I believe I had read on here before that someone has a list / sheet for parents about things their infant must be able to do before starting care . Would someone be willing to share their list with me ?

I have a sibling who is supposed to begin in January and would like to make sure that I have not forgotten anything .
I don't have a list per say, but I do have a "helpful tips" sheet that explains what I can and can't do according to licensing.

This helps eliminate the baby that needs to sleep in a swing or requires being held all day, as well as a few other unwanted behaviors the most providers struggle with when enrolling an infant.

I will PM the letter to you.
Second Home 08:11 AM 12-12-2016
Thank you very much .
LittleScholars 08:40 AM 12-12-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I don't have a list per say, but I do have a "helpful tips" sheet that explains what I can and can't do according to licensing.

This helps eliminate the baby that needs to sleep in a swing or requires being held all day, as well as a few other unwanted behaviors the most providers struggle with when enrolling an infant.

I will PM the letter to you.
Could I possibly bother you for that list too?
lovemydaycare0912 09:30 AM 12-12-2016
BC, can I please have it as well. I have started to prepare one to give to my dcm who is on leave with her newborn. He is a few weeks old and starts in Feb with me. TIA!!
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 11:37 AM 12-12-2016
BC, I would love to view a copy as well. The last two infants I've taken were certainly not prepared, and I ended up doing all the transition! Would love to have something to help facilitate the discussion with parents!
Blackcat31 02:45 PM 12-12-2016
Originally Posted by Second Home:
Thank you very much .
You are welcome!

Originally Posted by LittleScholars:
Could I possibly bother you for that list too?
Originally Posted by lovemydaycare0912:
BC, can I please have it as well. I have started to prepare one to give to my dcm who is on leave with her newborn. He is a few weeks old and starts in Feb with me. TIA!!
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
BC, I would love to view a copy as well. The last two infants I've taken were certainly not prepared, and I ended up doing all the transition! Would love to have something to help facilitate the discussion with parents!
PMed you all!
284878 08:43 AM 12-13-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
You are welcome!

PMed you all!
Me too please
cassiesue 09:12 AM 12-13-2016
Me too please. My 2 infants were not prepared. I have one slated to start in January. My 8-month-old will be leaving in 3 weeks as her aunt decided it would be nice to quit her job, stay home and get paid to do almost nothing! Translation is she is going to open her own home daycare. Thanks in advance.
DaycareDays126 10:22 AM 12-13-2016
Originally Posted by cassiesue:
Me too please. My 2 infants were not prepared. I have one slated to start in January. My 8-month-old will be leaving in 3 weeks as her aunt decided <b>it would be nice to quit her job, stay home and get paid to do almost nothing! Translation is she is going to open her own home daycare.</b> Thanks in advance.
I'm sure I'm taking this the wrong way buttt having a daycare is anything but getting paid to sit at home and do nothing. Sounds a little rude when you are here asking someone who "sits around and does nothing" for advice about YOUR child. Just my two cents...that irks me more than anything.
Pestle 01:25 PM 12-13-2016
Originally Posted by cassiesue:
Me too please. My 2 infants were not prepared. I have one slated to start in January. My 8-month-old will be leaving in 3 weeks as her aunt decided it would be nice to quit her job, stay home and get paid to do almost nothing! Translation is she is going to open her own home daycare. Thanks in advance.
Yeah, she's about to learn a thing or two, huh?
NillaWafers 01:34 PM 12-13-2016
Originally Posted by DaycareDays126:
I'm sure I'm taking this the wrong way buttt having a daycare is anything but getting paid to sit at home and do nothing. Sounds a little rude when you are here asking someone who "sits around and does nothing" for advice about YOUR child. Just my two cents...that irks me more than anything.
Preeeeettty sure she's talking about a daycare kid and not her own
cassiesue 01:45 PM 12-13-2016
I am well aware that running a daycare is far more than: "getting paid to sit home and do nothing" as I operate one. However, the aunt of one of my dcbs apparently does not hence my comment.

The 2 infants I said were not prepared to transition in to daycare were 2 of my dcbs, not my own child. I have a new infant starting to take the 8-month-old dcb's place as her aunt, who was recently fired from her job, decided to "get paid to stay home and do nothing" as this is her impression of what we providers do. Therefore she decided to open her own home daycare.

Thank you nilla wafers for grasping my post's intent. It seems my posts often get misconstrued on here although I am not sure why.
DaycareDays126 04:02 PM 12-13-2016
Ooohhh geezeee...I definitely took that the wrong way! I'm crazy lol I still stand firm in my statement so good luck to "the aunt"! My apologies
Pestle 05:27 AM 12-14-2016
Wonder how long it'll be before the aunt starts asking you how to do all this. . . tell her, "My consulting rate is $150/hr."
cassiesue 07:21 AM 12-14-2016
Lol, right. She is breaking a rule I have as in not accepting family members. I currently have 2 family members enrolled, but did so against my better judgment. And will not do it again in the future.
Ariana 07:42 AM 12-14-2016
Make sure to tell "auntie" about this forum so we can all get a good laugh when she comes to make her first vent post

I am SOOO mean!
Tags:infants, transitioning - infants to daycare
Reply Up