Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Marketing Accountability Group
CityGarden 10:09 AM 04-19-2017
So I need to get serious about marketing my program to parents, anyone want to join me....? Let's do it together and hold each other accountable.

Feel free to share ideas and to check in here with your progress and I will do the same. If are full with no need to market your business GREAT share tips with us so we can get there too and cheer us on as we strive for that!

What have you done in the past to market your business?
What worked? What didn't work?
What marketing do you pay for? What is a complete waste to pay for?
Etc.
CityGarden 10:23 AM 04-19-2017
I just opened and have done very little to no marketing. Marketing wise I have:

So far I have enrolled five children - all boys, all part time. I like part time as I actually make more this way but it means I have more spots to fill. One of my currently enrolled children stays past the time I want to be open so as soon as I fill my other spots I plan to give them notice, which I am very much looking forward to.

This week I brainstormed a list of local places to market at. I plan to order business cards and design a flyer this week as well.
LittleScholars 10:27 AM 04-19-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
  • Created a website using a website builder with my own URL
  • Posted ADs on Craigslist
  • Made a Yelp pages and listed my self on sites like Bing, Yahoo, etc.
  • Posted ads on private FB Mom groups

So far I have enrolled five children - all boys, all part time. I like part time as I actually make more this way but it means I have more spots to fill. One of my currently enrolled children stays past the time I want to be open so as soon as I fill my other spots I plan to give them notice, which I am very much looking forward to.

This week I brainstormed a list of local places to market at. I plan to order business cards and design a flyer this week as well.
The Nextdoor app is great! You can create a business listing, but it is a great place to connect. I don't think you can advertise your business using your personal account, but I've made so many great connections that I've never needed to.
A big chunk of my wait list is from this app.

I got all of my clients from FB mom group postings. I've found some are hotter than others.
Mike 10:31 AM 04-19-2017
So I need to get serious about marketing my program to parents, anyone want to join me....? Let's do it together and hold each other accountable.

Feel free to share ideas and to check in here with your progress and I will do the same. If are full with no need to market your business GREAT share tips with us so we can get there too and cheer us on as we strive for that!

Etc.
I love the idea of this thread. Might give me more ideas for my startup.

Seeing as how local is generally where the prospects are, I plan to start with flyers. Put out about 2000 flyers surrounding wherever I set up. My website will also be a main source of advertising because I know enough about sites that once I launch it, I know I can make it so anyone searching for daycare in my area, will find the website. I also plan to do bulletin board ads in any laundromats, grocery stores, and any other places that have a place for it.

I can't say how those ideas are going since I'm not ready yet.
LittleScholars 10:49 AM 04-19-2017

Etc.
Oh! Make friends with your district's bus garage. In my area, parents often call them to see if they have recommendations for care (we have a serious shortage of licensed care, so parents will try anything). The garage ALWAYS refers them to me, so I'm flooded with calls. I always send little treats to the garage around holidays. We also just happen to get both of my bus stops assigned to my driveway, which never happens, so it is worth it on many levels!
Blackcat31 11:10 AM 04-19-2017
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=marketing

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=advertising

Found ^^^^ using forum tags (marketing and advertising) LOTS of ideas, tips, and suggestions
Mike 11:46 AM 04-19-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=marketing

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=advertising

Found ^^^^ using forum tags (marketing and advertising) LOTS of ideas, tips, and suggestions
But searching is so much work.
Pepperth 11:53 AM 04-19-2017
My first spots filled through local Facebook groups and a referral from an already full provider. Then word of mouth after that.
Blackcat31 12:24 PM 04-19-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:
But searching is so much work.
I know right!?!

Which is why Cat Herder deserves an award for taking time out of her forum usage and adding tags to threads so the rest of us can easily find (search) them.

I've gotten to the point where I feel if the info is available (and free) then one could certainly give up a bit of their time to look for that info

*disclaimer* ^^that comment is NOT directed at OP of this thread in regards to this thread.
CityGarden 02:29 PM 04-19-2017
I do feel like the info is out there.... and Black Cat you know I dig up old thread but I was hoping for those of us in the trenches now that we could use a space to motivate each other (like a weight watchers group for marketing our biz)!
daycare 02:54 PM 04-19-2017
one of the things that I did almost 10 years ago when i moved up state and had to start over was volunteer in my community so that eveyone knew who I was and what I did. From there it grew and then eventually snowballed.

Not bragging, but I have not had an open spot in many years and I really feel it is because my family and I are always in the community and we know a lot of people. In return, people get to know me and trust me. It's easier to sell myself when I have my community to back me.
Max 03:07 PM 04-19-2017
I plan to Volunteer at my son's local preschool, it's a chance to get to meet families and tell them of my new daycare

I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else has tried this.. I also plan to hand write some letters to a nearby, new housing development where I've noticed a lot of play equipment in the yards. I'll have the front printed and write something short inside.
Sunshinedaycare 11:55 AM 10-17-2017
  • Created a website using a website builder with my own URL
  • Posted ADs on Craigslist
  • Made a Yelp pages and listed my self on sites like Bing, Yahoo, etc.
  • Posted ads on private FB Mom groups

Hello City Garden. Thank you for posting such valuable information. I could use your assistance regarding questions around some of the information you provided. Q#1. What website builder did you use and what was the cost? Q#2 What particular FB Mom group did you use. Thank you i advance for your reply. SunshineDaycare
Tags:marketing, marketing ideas
Reply Up