Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Advertising, Payments and More Questions
Tigerlilly 03:55 PM 07-26-2017
Where did you have the best luck getting clients when you first started your daycare and how long did it take you to fill spots?

Also, do you take payment at the start of the week or take payment at the end of the week?

I figured taking payment at the start of the week would ensure you get paid vs the end of the week when parents can just says "oops forgot about the bill".

Do you all charge for things like needing to use your own diapers when parents forget to send diapers with their kids?
Michael 04:09 PM 07-26-2017
Welcome to the forum. Here are a few TAG searches.

Advertising: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=advertising

Marketing: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=marketing

Payment Options: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ayment+options
Tiah 10:44 PM 07-30-2017
.following
Tigerlilly 12:14 PM 07-31-2017
Thank you for all of the links. I am sorry to ask questions that have already been addressed but the search function doesn't work on my tablet

Anyone got a link to discussions on the best way to schedule full time and part time kids?
Blackcat31 07:00 AM 08-01-2017
I don't offer full or part time but instead offer 3, 4 and 5 day a week options.

I am allowed 12-14 kids max so I have 12-14 spaces.

Each space is:

filled 5 full days (even an hour in care is billed at a full day)

or

filled 4 full days (with a bit higher daily rate than 5 days...so the loss financially of one day isn't much and having one day with one less kid is nice!)

or

filled 3 days (same 3 days M,W,F) with a MUCH higher daily rate than 4 or 5 day options.

If a family needs access to 3 different days each week then they pay a full week rate for that access since my rates are based on enrollment (3,4 or 5 days) not on attendance or time actually used.

Doing it this way eliminated the need to juggle so many part time schedules and also figuring out how to juggle so many parents that didn't always follow their own written schedules or those that needed to add or subtract a day here and there.

Now I just say "Parents can choose 3, 4 or 5 days a week" and leave it at that.

So much simpler on my part.
CityGarden 09:38 AM 08-01-2017
Where did you have the best luck getting clients when you first started your daycare and how long did it take you to fill spots?

I advertised online only in a couple local mom groups and filled two of my spots in two weeks. My first two spots filled in less than two weeks of opening.... then I reduced my hours to a preschool schedule and only accept 2+ so parents touring were looking to enroll in Summer or Fall which was five to seven months away... I was able to make it work financially to have what I really wanted in a program though.

Five months in all my students (except one) are part time and half my spots are now full. I like PT enrollment and make more money off those spots..... With that in mind, I am now venturing to flyers, business cards, etc. more grass roots mostly because I want certain type of families like stay at home and work at home parents and feel that would reduce those just browsing (and wasting my time asking me to adjust my hours, policies, etc). I find the SAHMs (for example) are less likely to find me online and more likely to respond to a flyer found at the local indoor playground. So far they are also less likely to send in sick children or dope and drop (which both of my full time working families have tried to do).

Also, do you take payment at the start of the week or take payment at the end of the week?

I take payments monthly at the start of the month. If I could go back I would have tuition due the 15th of the month prior (i.e. tuition would be due July 15th for August tuition) that way any delays do not impact my budget.

That said whatever you do always charge in advance of services.

Do you all charge for things like needing to use your own diapers when parents forget to send diapers with their kids?

I do not purchase back up diapers/pull ups.... I have parents provide a full pack at the start of the month along with a pack of wipes. If they are running low in the middle or end of the month I send them a note and I do not allow drop off with the child's lunch or pull-ups. I will send the parent back home to get it or call them to drop it off....

If I did infant/toddler care instead of preschool I would be all inclusive (food, diapers, etc. I would just have parents provide formula / BM) and just charge more! Storage wise for me it would be easier and it would also streamline my process. For example, you are changing diapers, 6 children back to back each with a different type/brand of wipes - you then have to gather all those different wipes (and diapers) from various children's cubby take them to the changing table open a different pack of wipes with each child, etc. return them all vs you have one set of wipes at the changing table and a couple different size diapers on a shelf near by you still have to wash hands, etc between each change but the process is streamlined.

Anyone got a link to discussions on the best way to schedule full time and part time kids?

Infant spots are in high demand so if I did infants I would only take 4 (which is all licensing allows) and all would be full time Monday - Friday. I would never waste my time with PT infants not worth the extra storage space, parent interaction etc.

That said I LOVE PT children for my 2+ set. I make more $ with PT, that said those spots are taking me longer to fill.

Options in my program are:
Tags:advertising, daycare questions, marketing, payment options, payments, starting a daycare
Reply Up