Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Which Name?
Apple Blossom Family Child Care 16 69.57%
Apple Blossom Daycare 7 30.43%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help With Name
Jlulubee 08:59 PM 10-06-2017
Hello. I would like help picking my name. I keep going back and forth on it, so I would like your opinion. I have the first part of the name picked out, but I am unsure about the last part of the name. I feel like the first name is too long and difficult to advertise and type out for people. The second name seems shorter and easier to use. The name I really would like to use has been taken.

Apple Blossom Family Child Care

Apple Blossom Daycare
Buttercup 11:05 PM 10-06-2017
Is the name that you wanted Apple Blossom Child Care? I like that it could be abbreviated to ABC, but if that's the one that's been taken then I'm no help.

In that case, I like Apple Blossom Daycare! Very cute idea for a name
DaveA 05:05 AM 10-07-2017
Personally I like Apple Blossom Family Child Care better. Does a better job explaining your business in my opinion.
Mike 07:30 AM 10-07-2017
Tough choice. Apple Blossom Family Child Care is more descriptive, but I've learned that it's good to try to keep names short when possible.

Is there an Apple Blossom Child Care in your area, or is it just the domain name issue? If the issue is domain names and you aren't dead set on com or net, there are many other options out there, especially with the new ones now.

appleblossomchildcare.info
appleblossomchildcare.family
appleblossomchildcare.online
appleblossomchildcare.site
appleblossomchildcare.website
appleblossomchildcare.ws

Another possibility:
applechildcare.net

Between your 2 options, I'm leaning more towards Apple Blossom Family Child Care. The more accurate name is worth the length.
Michael 11:02 AM 10-07-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:
Tough choice. Apple Blossom Family Child Care is more descriptive, but I've learned that it's good to try to keep names short when possible.

Is there an Apple Blossom Child Care in your area, or is it just the domain name issue? If the issue is domain names and you aren't dead set on com or net, there are many other options out there, especially with the new ones now.

appleblossomchildcare.ws

Another possibility:
applechildcare.net

Between your 2 options, I'm leaning more towards Apple Blossom Family Child Care. The more accurate name is worth the length.
While I understand some of the reasons for people to consider choosing domain names, let me suggest a couple reasons why you "shouldn't" consider some.

Shorter is better
.com is best (most people will revert to using .com because that is what they are used to seeing in advertising)
Using the new extensions are confusing and many don't look like web addresss. As an email address- it doesn't look good and many email programs have problems routing them. mary@appleblossomchildcare.website just doesn't advertise well IMO.

Try the radio test. Mention the address in a hypothetical advertisement and listen to which one feels the best.
Mom2Two 12:03 PM 10-07-2017
Originally Posted by Michael:
While I understand some of the reasons for people to consider choosing domain names, let me suggest a couple reasons why you "shouldn't" consider some.

Shorter is better
.com is best (most people will revert to using .com because that is what they are used to seeing in advertising)
Using the new extensions are confusing and many don't look like web addresss. As an email address- it doesn't look good and many email programs have problems routing them. mary@appleblossomchildcare.website just doesn't advertise well IMO.

Try the radio test. Mention the address in a hypothetical advertisement and listen to which one feels the best.
Also IMO your domain name doesn't have to match your legal business name exactly. If your business was called Apple Blossom Child Care, you could still hunt for a domain name like appleblossomkids.com or appleblossomcare.com or something like that.
Jlulubee 12:23 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by Buttercup:
Is the name that you wanted Apple Blossom Child Care? I like that it could be abbreviated to ABC, but if that's the one that's been taken then I'm no help.

In that case, I like Apple Blossom Daycare! Very cute idea for a name

Thank you!
Jlulubee 12:24 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by DaveA:
Personally I like Apple Blossom Family Child Care better. Does a better job explaining your business in my opinion.
Thank you!
Jlulubee 12:25 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by Mike:

appleblossomchildcare.ws

Another possibility:
applechildcare.net

Yes, it's mainly the domain issue. I have both of the names registered. Thank you for your input.
Jlulubee 12:27 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by Michael:

Shorter is better

I agree. I also think .com is the default to most people. I'll just stick with that. Thank you for your help.
Jlulubee 12:29 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Also IMO your domain name doesn't have to match your legal business name exactly. If your business was called Apple Blossom Child Care, you could still hunt for a domain name like appleblossomkids.com or appleblossomcare.com or something like that.
I agree. I may just use the name that I prefer as the business name and change the website address. Thanks for the idea!
Josiegirl 03:13 PM 10-08-2017
Late coming into this but our state is highly encouraging us to call ourselves a child care instead of a daycare, only because it sounds more professional, business like or whatever.
Love any way you choose to say it though because Apple Blossom offers so many things you could do with that name.
flying_babyb 03:47 PM 10-08-2017
You could also do a domain:
ABFCC
Michael 04:16 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by flying_babyb:
You could also do a domain:
ABFCC
or ABCD.com for Apple Blossom Child Daycare
I'm sure its already taken though.
Blackcat31 07:33 AM 10-09-2017
I Googled the name and there are alot.

In my state there are two Apple Blossom Child Care's within an hour of each other ... I had no idea until I Googled...
Tags:business name, domain names, marketing
Reply Up