Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Question
Lovey81 01:20 PM 08-09-2018
So I’m starting a day care and I was searching online and
Found this site called wee care. She explained that they help with submitting my paperwork for license and help with marketing as well as payment set up for my clients. She then proceeded to say it’s a two year contract and they will take 10% of each kid I have earnings... I don’t think it’s a good idea everything she said I could do on my own what do you think?
Cat Herder 01:30 PM 08-09-2018
I think everything you could ever want or need to know can be found right here, for free, in this forum.

Welcome!!
Mike 02:47 PM 08-09-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I think everything you could ever want or need to know can be found right here, for free, in this forum.

Welcome!!

I believe some here do use Wee Care, so they can give advice, but this forum does either have, or give, answers to prety much anything daycare related, and sometimes non daycare.
lovemykidstoo 04:40 PM 08-09-2018
Originally Posted by Lovey81:
Found this site called wee care. She explained that they help with submitting my paperwork for license and help with marketing as well as payment set up for my clients. She then proceeded to say it’s a two year contract and they will take 10% of each kid I have earnings... I don’t think it’s a good idea everything she said I could do on my own what do you think?
I'll do all of that for 5%! lol. Seriously, stay here, lots of very great advice here and you don't really need anyone to help you fill out your paperwork most likely. If you do, calling your licensing consultant is all you need. They are most helpful.
Cat Herder 05:18 PM 08-09-2018
Originally Posted by Mike:

I believe some here do use Wee Care, so they can give advice, but this forum does either have, or give, answers to prety much anything daycare related, and sometimes non daycare.
I have searched it a few times and still have no results. I am not familiar with it.

My intent was not to knock anyone's business. For some the convenience may be very much worth it.
Mike 05:30 PM 08-09-2018
I have searched it a few times and still have no results. I am not familiar with it.

My intent was not to knock anyone's business. For some the convenience may be very much worth it.
Hmmm, might not have been here where I heard of it. Did a search and there are Wee Care's in Canada, but didn't go any further to find out about them.

I know there are agencies that will do a lot of the work for you, but it does eat away at the profit. It all comes down to how much of the work you'd rather pay someone else to do.
Lovey81 06:17 PM 08-09-2018

Welcome!!
I think so as well thanks!!!
Lovey81 06:18 PM 08-09-2018
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I'll do all of that for 5%! lol. Seriously, stay here, lots of very great advice here and you don't really need anyone to help you fill out your paperwork most likely. If you do, calling your licensing consultant is all you need. They are most helpful.
Lol thanks for the advice!!!!
LysesKids 06:23 PM 08-09-2018
Never heard of it & I use to do childcare in IL ... you can find all the help you need right here FOR FREE. In fact, if it wasn't for a few forums over the past several years, not sure I would have gotten this far lol
MarinaVanessa 09:45 AM 08-10-2018
A better option would be to search around for a local child care association. Typically you pay a low yearly fee and they can help you with everything (ours is $45 a year and they advertise their member list on their website and provide us with referrals). You can try contacting your local childcare resource and referral agency and ask if they can give you a contact number to one.

And yes, this forum is a GREAT source of FREE info from those in the trenches.
Lovey81 12:59 PM 08-10-2018
Ty!!!!
Lovey81 01:00 PM 08-10-2018
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
A better option would be to search around for a local child care association. Typically you pay a low yearly fee and they can help you with everything (ours is $45 a year and they advertise their member list on their website and provide us with referrals). You can try contacting your local childcare resource and referral agency and ask if they can give you a contact number to one.

And yes, this forum is a GREAT source of FREE info from those in the trenches.
Ty!!!!!
Lovey81 09:02 AM 08-13-2018
Hi everyone

I submitted my paperwork to become licensed finally. So on the paper work it askes for the name of my facility. Once I come up with a name do they change it if it’s not available or what I choose is the name it will be?
Cat Herder 09:23 AM 08-13-2018
Once I picked it, it stayed.

Do some research to make sure there is not one with the same name in your county (zipcode). Besides that it really does not matter since so many use the same names, anyway.
CityGarden 09:29 AM 08-13-2018
Hi everyone

I submitted my paperwork to become licensed finally. So on the paper work it askes for the name of my facility. Once I come up with a name do they change it if it’s not available or what I choose is the name it will be?
Congratulations on getting your paperwork in. I put my name down for my program but licensing still listed ii just under my name..... that could just be my state or analyst though.
Lovey81 12:04 PM 08-13-2018
Hey thanks! I’m excited and scared!
MarinaVanessa 12:28 PM 08-13-2018
Hi everyone

I submitted my paperwork to become licensed finally. So on the paperwork it asks for the name of my facility. Once I come up with a name do they change it if it’s not available or what I choose is the name it will be?
I would check with your licensing office first to see if they will allow you to run under a Fictitious Business Name (or DBA ... "Doing Business As". If they do then check with your local government center to see what the process is to register for the fictitious business name. I'm sure every state/county/city is different.

I'm in CA and I had to check the California Secretary of State's online database of registered business names to see if the one I wanted was already taken (your state may or may not have a similar registry, mine was online).

Then I went to my local county clerk's office and requested a Fictitious Name Statement form. Later I found out that my county had the form online. I filled out the form and turned it in along with a filing fee.

After that, I had to publish a DBA notice in a newspaper within my county that had to run once per week for four weeks. My county clerk's office had a list of approved newspapers that met this requirement. I picked a small and less expensive newspaper. The newspaper that I chose specifically offered a DBA service and they filed an affidavit with the county clerk once my ad ran for 4 weeks. Once that was done I received my paper DBA certificate.

I had not yet applied for my license at that time (I was preparing to apply) and once I had my DBA certificate I made a copy and submitted it along with all of the other requirements and my application to licensing. I went through the licensing process and got my license and my license reads "DAYCARE NAME AKA LAST-NAME FAMILY CHILDCARE".

If I had already had been licensed to do daycare I would have had to go through the DBA process just like above and once I had my DBA certificate I would have simply had t make a copy and send it to my analyst and they would have issued me a new license with my DBA on it. No fees to pay.

Like I said, that was my process in CA so your state/county may be different. I also know that according to CA licensing regulations I cannot run a family daycare home using a DBA unless my license specifies that name and CA licensing will not change the name of your daycare to a business name if you do not have a DBA certificate. Without a DBA here our licenses automatically will say "YOUR_LAST_NAME FAMILY CHILD CARE"
Tags:billing, business management, contracts, daycare.com, licensing, marketing, marketing ideas, risk management, templates
Reply Up