Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sick Kids and Cleaning
TGT09 04:34 PM 03-21-2010
Hey all, I feel like my little home daycare is constantly plagued by illness. Right now, it started with a 15 month old that is ALWAYS sick and goes from one illness to another. Both of my 2 year olds have followed and have dangerously high fevers. The problem is that the 15 month dcg's mom is very young and doesn't know the signs of when her child is getting sick. I can tell within just a few hours even if she is getting something minor. It's just annoying how a parent can't see the signs, or maybe she doesn't want to. It ALWAYS starts with the 15 month old though and now I'm getting quite annoyed!

I feel that I over-clean and I don't understand how it keeps getting in here. Am I doing something wrong? I have a high NO tolerance policy when it comes to fevers, snot, vomit and what not. As soon as they start showing any symptoms unless it's super minor, they are not allowed back to care for at least 24 hours.

I disinfect like crazy, even more than normal when an illness even starts. I lysol/oust and anti-bacteria wipe daily. Vacuum every few days, is this enough?

My question is, what is your daily routine of cleaning? Do you clean everything EVERY day? What cleaning supplies do you use on a normal basis and are happy with how they clean? I don't deal with harmful cleaning supplies so I try to keep the sprays to a minimum but know that they need to be used. How often do you clean ALL toys?

I feel so bad when the kids get sick and almost always I end up sick. None of my parents blame me but I can't help but feeling guilty or that I did something wrong. Am I dealing with just a regular in-home daycare issue?? It seems like my school aged children very rarely get sick and so I feel like the little ones immune systems are just not strong enough yet.
Tags:2010, bacteria, bleach, disinfect, illness, sick
Up