Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Kids Not Getting Along
happymom 09:53 AM 05-03-2016
I'm at a loss.

I have a 4 year old in a daycare center. My husband and I are considering finding new care but I like the center and feel like the problem might just pop up again under new care.

My son and another boy, E, do not get along at all. My son is not wanting to be dropped off in the morning and complains that E is so mean to him. I spoke with the director several weeks ago and she felt very bad, she knew the boys had some problems but didn't realize it was coming home. At home we talk about the problems and direct him to play with the kids he likes/gets along with (by name). I don't want him to think "I can't play with E" or put it in his head that he is a bad kid.

My little guy is not a perfect angel and we've been with this daycare center nearly a year and it's very rare they will send a bad report. In fact, up until last week I only got one report that he had misbehaved (had hit another child). We addressed it and that was that.

All of the communication I get from daycare is that he is good/well liked/and listens well. Last week he came home with two reports that he had been "naughty", but the teacher who writes the reports is gone by the time I pick him up.

Now. The daycare has tons of staff changes and is constantly moving teachers around. There is a new teacher in his class whom I hardly know. She's been there about 3 weeks and since she started my son has stopped napping at daycare, has been coming home with reports of being naughty and not having a good day. She is too busy to communicate during drop off and her and I don't have a relationship yet.

So I don't know if these are actual changes in his behavior, if the teacher is just more inclined to send home bad reports than his past teachers, or if he's wrapped this new teacher around his finger and is pushing his limits with her, or if there's a greater problem with him being bullied or if he's the problem.

I just don't know what to do, I feel like the worst parent ever. How is best to address this problems in a daycare center? It was always so easy with my home provider.
Tags:cohesive play, fighting, getting along
Up