Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Soooo Glad
Bddy 01:30 PM 05-17-2019
I lucked out and have parents that pick up their kids within ten hours MAX of drop off time and often even within seven or eight hours of drop off time !

I’ve got it easy compared most it seems (I pretty much always work only 9.5 hours) Friday’s are only a half day for me too but I’m a new provider and this job is damn hard!
Just posting this because I just saw a meme with many likes and shares that says “I don’t care how much I miss my children, I am NOT picking them up early from daycare” !! With laughing emojis.

I’d be so done by now m if I had parents like that. An early day here and there makes allllll the difference for me!
Cat Herder 02:20 PM 05-17-2019
I have not seen that meme, but am not surprised by it.

Gotta get that moneys worth and all.

Fast forward 20 years and listen to the same ones whine about how the kids never call or visit.

I am old enough to watch it play out with my peers. I just sit back and shake my head because I know Bitter Becky dumped her kids every chance she got all through the 90's. They go to visit the neighbors moms, though.
Ariana 02:26 PM 05-17-2019
I have one kid who is here 9.5hrs 7-4:30pm but I work usually a full 10 because one kid comes from 9am to nearly 5pm! It is exhausting. Then I have a mom who wants me to keep her kid up during nap, meaning she does not want me to have a break at all during the day so she can put her kid to bed at 6pm after having spent all day doing nothing....not happening
Blackcat31 02:28 PM 05-17-2019
I am only open 9 1/2 hours
I have 12 children and only one of them is here for all of those 9 1/2 hours the rest of my kiddos are here 8 hours or less.
Unregistered 06:06 AM 05-18-2019
Haha, I have a child who is in preschool from 12-3 pm and the parent brings her back to daycare so she can be here from 3 to 4:30. And the parent is not at work, but at home when he does that! It is maddening!
Hunni Bee 09:27 AM 05-19-2019
I live a big hospital town, and I work part-time at a daycare thats is partnered with the biggest healthcare company...the daycare is open from 6 am to 8 pm 365 days a year.

There are kids that are in care 80-90 hours a week 😞
storybookending 09:37 AM 05-19-2019
I am advertised open from 7AM-5:30PM. I typically have children in care from 7:50-5:15PM. I am very picky about who I let in when I do have openings and I honestly can’t see myself enrolling anyone that needs care earlier or later than the children I currently have enrolled.
springv 01:45 PM 05-19-2019
We are open from 6am-6pm and if anyone is late, they pay $1.00 per minute to whomever closes. If we are there before 6, we don't let anyone in until time and Our owner stated in the policy that we love the children but that we have duties outside the daycare. (Get your kids and leave)
springv 01:48 PM 05-19-2019
@Hunni bee: 😥😥😥😥
Blackcat31 07:19 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Haha, I have a child who is in preschool from 12-3 pm and the parent brings her back to daycare so she can be here from 3 to 4:30. And the parent is not at work, but at home when he does that! It is maddening!
I would never allow that.
Simply because it's way too hard for the child to endure multiple drop offs/pick ups per day and I wouldn't like the disruption overall.

I have one DCK that attends preschool elsewhere but only 2 days per week and on those days the parent picks child up from daycare at 11:30 and then the grandmother picks child up from preschool at 3:00 and keeps the child until the parent is off work at 4:30.

If grandmother wasn't available to do so, parent wouldn't have enrolled child as I wouldn't allow them to return to care. Too disruptive overall.
Tags:hours - max, hours of operation, parent - its a verb, parents - don't want kids
Reply Up