Do you use a pnp?
Let them play on patio/grass area?
What about when they eat everything?
Annalee 09:09 AM 04-30-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Do you use a pnp?
I have pea gravel covering my playground but infants go out and are allowed to play per licensing regulations. I just monitor closely. Until they are mobile I will take a blanket or use the flooring mats for them to roll around on. Once they can scoot/crawl they are everywhere. Just takes a little extra supervision but my older children are big helpers with the things going in the mouth issue.
Unregistered 09:20 AM 04-30-2015
I bring a blanket out for them to lay or sit on with toys and books. I also have brought out an bouncer or Exersaucer for them to sit in and play with the toys attached.
bklsmum 10:11 AM 04-30-2015
I have the outside play yard and I put a sheet down that covers the whole area.
Turquoise14 09:24 AM 05-01-2015
I have two babies, 11 months and 8 months. I lay down a blanket on the patio. The 8 month old doesn't crawl yet, so no problem. I tell the older baby to stay on the blanket and watch him close and he does pretty well. When he can walk and wears shoes, he can get up and go play.
childcaremom 09:28 AM 05-01-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Do you use a pnp?
The youngest age I would ever enroll is 10 months (Canada).

We go outside all the time. I have a large yard and large deck. If they are mouthers, I just watch them closely. If they are not walking and still crawling, I tell parents to make sure they have proper outdoor gear that allows unrestricted movement.

I keep the deck shovelled in the winter so that crawlers can still get outside and move
jenboo 10:28 AM 05-01-2015
Until they are Mobile I put them on a blanket on the grass.
Once they are mobile, they have to stay on the grass. I do not let them into the sidewalk until they can walk.
I had one dcb who wasn't waking yet but refused to stay on the grass so I put him in a play yard with a bunch of toys.
melilley 11:06 AM 05-01-2015
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I have pea gravel covering my playground but infants go out and are allowed to play per licensing regulations. I just monitor closely. Until they are mobile I will take a blanket or use the flooring mats for them to roll around on. Once they can scoot/crawl they are everywhere. Just takes a little extra supervision but my older children are big helpers with the things going in the mouth issue.
Same here.
Tags:infant - outdoor activities
Reply Up