Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Teacher Gifts
Candyland 02:48 PM 12-15-2010
Has anyone gotten their kid's teachers anything yet?

And what would you like to receive, besides getting paid on time & peace?
Miss Lindsey 03:54 PM 12-15-2010
I got a $100 bonus from one last week! I wouldnt mind a few more of those! Or maybe a gift certificate to a restaurant I can go to with my hubby.
momofboys 05:15 PM 12-15-2010
I bought $10 gift certificates from Kroger for my sons' teachers. I wish I could give them more but chances are they make a lot more $$$ than I do. I still wanted to give them something. Both boys will sign their own cards & include a personal note.

Sadly I don't think I will get anything extra from my childcare family. I do know they appreciate me but I don't think they can afford much. They did offer to babysit for us sometime so we could go on a date but we haven't taken them up on it yet.
momofboys 05:16 PM 12-15-2010
Originally Posted by Miss Lindsey:
I got a $100 bonus from one last week! I wouldnt mind a few more of those! Or maybe a gift certificate to a restaurant I can go to with my hubby.
That's great!
AfterSchoolMom 05:20 PM 12-15-2010
We didn't have much $$ this year, so I contributed $5 to a class gift for one teacher and gave a card and Christmas ornament to another.

I'm not expecting anything.
kitkat 06:26 PM 12-15-2010
We're doing gift cards for DS's teachers for classroom stuff.

I know I'll be getting a gift from my dcfamily. I don't expect anything though and actually feel funny when I do get gifts. I must admit that my families have spoiled me! What I would really like is a self-cleaning floor
Abigail 10:20 PM 12-15-2010
Last year was the first year I got a gift for babysitting. It's my favorite family I sat for because the child (not children) are just wonderful, they live in the neighborhood, and the mom actually takes time to get to know me and ask how I am. They got me a $10 gift card to a local grocery store and two cloth bags for that store instead of using plastic. I really liked it and it very very practical.

I've never done anything for the kids I babysit for because sometimes I only go once or twice a year. I'm not sure if I will do anything besides a craft when I open a daycare. I always thought it would be nice to store something for a few years and give it back to the child either when they "graduate/leave" daycare or when they're actually older.
boysx5 03:17 AM 12-16-2010
I am getting some teachers gift cards and others some candy. I usually get gifts from my daycare families so far I got a gift card to Khol's and a gift card to chili's they are very good to me.
DCMomOf3 07:27 AM 12-16-2010
I got my sons' teachers gift cards to Target. I ususally get them something real, but I think if every parent gets them something real they will have a crazy amount of things. LOL I would rather them decide what would be best.
kathiemarie 08:30 AM 12-16-2010
My daughter is in middle school so she has 5 teachers 2 main and 3 different subjects. For the two main teachers I got a bottle of wine and a gift card to starbucks and the other teachers gift card to starbucks. My DD wrote note to the teachers too. (Oh, We have been at this school for 15 years, older sibs., and I know that the bottle of wine is an ok gift. ) I'm friends with alot of teachers and they tell me that a note from the parent is the best gift, though I'm sure they also like GCs.!
melskids 08:53 AM 12-16-2010
usually my younger sons' teacher always gets something homemade, like an ornament or goodies. this year i added a gift card to michaels because she has had him for two years (she moved up a grade) and she is awesome.

my older son is in middle school, and has too many teachers, i cant afford to buy for them all. they have a holiday luncheon though, and i cook my butt off for that. i guess thats my gift to them
Tags:christmas gifts, teacher gifts
Reply Up