Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Maternity Leave
kayla 04:24 PM 11-16-2011
Hello all... Im curious about maternity leave. I run daycare from my home, but im curious of how much is enough time?? what have any of you done for maternity leave?? paid/unpaid, how long were you off?? reaction you got from parents?? please fill me in... 15 weeks im excited!!
Cat Herder 04:59 PM 11-16-2011
I only took a few days..... About the same as vacation.

I think it depends on what you planned for.

I had 2 C-Sections doing daycare.
kayla 05:03 PM 11-16-2011
o wow really??? Im hoping to only have to take a week.. but thats if i give birth naturally..
Texasjeepgirl 07:44 PM 11-16-2011
When I had my first daughter... Now 21...married...and mother of my 10 month old PRECIOUS ANGEL GRANDDAUGHTER.... I was working for my ex-husband's family business.. I stayed home for 3 months.. then took my daughter to work with me until she was 11 months old.. 17 years ago...when my 2nd daughter was born..I'd been in the daycare business for exactly 2 years... I gave all of my parents 5-6 months advance notice that I would be closed for 6 weeks.. I did without pay....sucked it up.. and.. 17 years later... that is the longest amount of time I've been without work or pay in my adult life...
In 2007 when I had a partial hysterectomy... I never closed down.. my school teacher sister came from out of town.... ran the daycare for 3 days.. while I had surgery...and was in the hospital.. Tuesday-Thursday.. and.. I was back ON THE JOB on Friday...
The hilarious thing was.. I had joined a support website..for women that were having hysterectomies... and.. they were all posting.. oh...darn.. I only have 1 more week of leave time.. I don't know if I can return to work yet.. and I was thinking.. wow.. are you kidding me??? I had surgery on Tuesday... and was back to running daycare on Friday....
and oh.. by the way.. I did not have laparoscopic surgery.. cut HIP TO HIP...

Tags:maternity, maternity leave, maternity leave contract, maternity leave letter
Reply Up