Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Really??
JeepGirl6 02:36 PM 05-14-2013
So my husband and I just moved within the past 2 weeks...I lost 3 out of my 7 daycare families. Well two of the 4 that are still with me are teachers so they will only be paying 50% of their weekly rate for the summer so I knew that loss of money was coming...Well today the other two of my daycare families that are not teachers both dropped their days from 5 days a week to 3 days and the other 4 days a week to 2 days a week, because the drive to my house is too far out of the way and they have family able to care for the children the other days I started bawling my eyes out after the other daycare parent gave me this news today...We have a baby on the way in 12 weeks, thought we were going to to be okay financially but not now because of this...Since we moved the house payment is more and now we aren't going to be able to buy things for the baby because we are going to be so strapped...OMG this was not what I needed today, I am already so hormonal being pregnant and as I am crying typing this I don't even know what to do now. I have my ad on craigslist and I go on care.com and sittercity looking for child care jobs daily but have had no luck at all :'(
mnemom 04:11 PM 05-14-2013
That sounds really hard.
NeedaVaca 04:45 PM 05-14-2013
I'm so sorry!! You CAN do this. I have spent most of my married life and 2 pregnancies flat broke. It is always scary but it can be done. Take a long hard look at your budget,there are for SURE things you can cut out. Even if it means making some really heavy cuts until you get your daycare back to the # of kids you need. Sell anything you can on craigslist or ebay to make a little extra money. PERFECT time of year to buy everything you need for the baby at garage sales, you can get really nice stuff for practically nothing and clothes that don't even look worn I am also a heavy coupon user and have a post in the Off Topic section if you are interested in learning. I save at least $500 per month for a family of 4 and 5 daycare kids doing this. You can save big money on diapers too

Don't wait too long to make some cuts, do it asap or your bills will get out of control. You will be ok!
TheGoodLife 05:00 PM 05-14-2013
Prayers for you and your family. I'm sure you will be able to find new families to fill up soon. Word of mouth referrals to fill spots, budgeting and cutting expenses, price matching and coupons, AND this is the best time for garage sales! Good luck with everything, I hope you find new clients soon so you can be less stressed right now. Go relax and take a nice bath or get your DH to give you a little massage, if you can
Little Star75 05:46 PM 05-14-2013
I feel you, after I termed a family little a a month ago 2 of my families left and just last week my other family left. I'm down to only 1 family and recently started getting more calls. So my advice is just to hang in there and keep advertising. I also have a couple ads on CL and have a flyer that I gave out at my daughters school. Remember summer is coming and a lot of families need care during the summer. Hopefully things pick up for both of us.
Good luck!
CedarCreek 05:50 PM 05-14-2013
I'm sorry!

I really know how you feel, my situation is somewhat similar.

Are you able to take any sa kids for the summer?

AmyKidsCo 07:48 PM 05-14-2013

I'm sorry. The uncertainty is one of the things I hate most about this job. Keep your name out there - you'll get more families.
Reply Up